Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pull up or Pull down harness
charlierevell

posted on 6/5/08 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
Pull up or Pull down harness

Hi Guys, want me 2 new harnesses. HOWEVER, I'm rather stuck on wether to get them pull up to tighten (Easier to do up, nightmare to loosen? )
OR Pull down to tighten (Easier to release but at the moment my adjusters sit in the seat cut out so i cant pull them any tighter when in the car )

What are your thoughts? I have 'high sided' seats and cant get between that and the chassis rail.

At the moment I'm looking at TRS and Schroth.

Tango orange is an 'IN' colour!!

coozer

posted on 6/5/08 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
TRS pull up on mine, easy to do up in the car. Pull down ones are impossible to adjust unless you have wafer thin hands

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Paul TigerB6

posted on 6/5/08 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
Personally i'd go for pull up on the waist straps and pull down on the shoulder straps so pulling towards the central buckle. My Momo belts in my old car were pull down on the shoulders and down on the waist - was always having trouble with the waist belts getting them adjusted.

Realistically do you need to loosen them while sitting in the car?? If someone new is getting in then back the belts off before they get in and make it easy to tighten them up once in.

Think its sabelt that offer the choice of velcro to hold down the loose ends - seems a great idea to me and will be what i am looking at myself when i get to that stage (one day!!)

[Edited on 6/5/08 by Paul TigerB6]

charlierevell

posted on 6/5/08 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
2" or 3" lap straps???

Tango orange is an 'IN' colour!!

nick205

posted on 6/5/08 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't had a prolem with pull down on the lap straps, bu I would really like to change from 4 to 5 point harnesses as I find the lap section starts to ride up when you tighten up the shoulder section. I also wonder about "sub-marining" under the lap section in the event of a head on impact.
TOO BADD

posted on 6/5/08 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Changed mine to 5 point Sabelt. Got fed up with the old 4 point riding up also wondered how far I would disapear down the tunnel in the event of a crunch. Much safer with a 5 although they are FIA approved they are not E marked !
RK

posted on 7/5/08 at 01:49 AM Reply With Quote
In a similar vein (not to thread jack - I have pull down but they aren't yet installed): what about regular seats and 6 point harnesses? Do I need to cut a hole in my seats or can they just wrap around
Triton

posted on 7/5/08 at 03:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK
In a similar vein (not to thread jack - I have pull down but they aren't yet installed): what about regular seats and 6 point harnesses? Do I need to cut a hole in my seats or can they just wrap around

RK,
It's fine to add a crutch strap slot but on the low side seats you don't need to cut side slots. You will be going into the second skin anyway....And what am I doing up at this time of the day/night!!!..

I prefer pull down straps by the way.

Mark

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RK

posted on 7/5/08 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Mark!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.