Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: column top shroud gap
jabbahutt

posted on 12/5/08 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
column top shroud gap

Morning all

Finally got the steering wheel boss fitted and the upper and lower column shroud. I'm left wirth a large gap between the rear of the cover and the dash.

I vaguely remeber seeing a post on it many moons ago when I first started building but cannot find it.

Has anyone else found this problem and ow have they got round it, explainations/photos much appreciated.

Cheers
Nigel

nick205

posted on 12/5/08 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
Have a look through Hellfire's website for ideas. They made up cover out of some ally sheet covered in vinyl to match the dashboard and secured the cover with screws to the Sierra top shroud.

I follwed the same method using black vinyl as per my dash and securd with black self tappers. It's a pretty neat solution IMHO.

indykid

posted on 12/5/08 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
i've sika'd a piece of aluminium shaped to fit the dash and the shroud on top. i then sprayed the whole top section satin black and it matches the bottom nicely.

if it's less than about 8 mm, you can loosen the pinch bolt on the column mount and slide it up and down the black collapsible section.

tom

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.