Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hand Brake cable
jacko

posted on 4/8/08 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
Hand Brake cable

Hi a mate of mine would like to know what people are doing to modify there sierra brake cable ?
he Say's SVA say you can't cut the cable in the middle and clamp any more [ that's what i did ]

Its on a indy with disc rear brakes
thanks Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eznfrank

posted on 4/8/08 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Oh bugger, that's what I've done! :-?
whitestu

posted on 4/8/08 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
I'd heard the same so I cut the cable at the end and put a blob of weld on the end as a new nipple.

Its still fine after 2 years.

Stu

[Edited on 4/8/08 by whitestu]

stuart_g

posted on 4/8/08 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Here's my effort. I cut the handbrake cable in half. I then used the adjuster off a rover 200 handbrake and bolted this to the Sierra lever. The cable is attached to the adjuster with a piece of 10mm rod drilled through so the cable will go through then drilled from top to bottom and tapped to 4mm. Cable is securd by a grub screw top and bottom.
Adjustment is done through a hole in the rear bulkhead panel and a rubber grommet seals the hole after adjustment. Works a treat. Rescued attachment P1010016.JPG
Rescued attachment P1010016.JPG

Nosbod

posted on 4/8/08 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
I've also cut mine in the middle ... doh ! but, how can they check short of removing panels from the tunnel?
BenB

posted on 4/8/08 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
I cut it and it was no problems 18 months ago.... What's wrong with wire clamps???
jacko

posted on 4/8/08 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nosbod
I've also cut mine in the middle ... doh ! but, how can they check short of removing panels from the tunnel?

When i had my sva about 4 years ago the sva man had a good look down the tunnel from the diff end

Ben i don't know what's wrong with clamps thieve been ok on my car for 4 years but things change as time goes on
Graham

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
repper

posted on 4/8/08 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
i heard if you rap it round so you cant see the clamps or wear its been cut thar are not allowed to remove the rapping to see how its been modded there for thay have to pas it ???

Stuart_B

posted on 5/8/08 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
i cut mine at one end and then resoildered the nipple of the hand brake cable back on.

stuart

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.