Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Movable pedal box, anyone seen any nice versions?
mr henderson

posted on 25/9/08 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
Movable pedal box, anyone seen any nice versions?

For an upcoming project, the best way to deal with different driver heights would be to move the pedal box backwards and forwards, rather than the seat.

I'm wondering if anybody would like to comment on this, whether they have seen any good systems, or how they think it might best be achieved.

It's not been decided yet whether the pedals should be top or floor mounted, but I'm thinking top.

The clutch will be hydraulic, and the brakes almost certainly adjustable bias bar. Throttle will be cable.

The actual adjustment procedure- anything that can be done in a few minutes, doesn't matter whether it's from the driver's seat or it's a bonnet up and spanners out job

Thanks in anticipation

John

l0rd

posted on 25/9/08 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
Wouldn't this be failure on the SVA test?

Anyway, i have many ideas on it You would need to spend quite some money on getting extra braided pipe lines for all this.

mr henderson

posted on 25/9/08 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by l0rd
Wouldn't this be failure on the SVA test?

I don't know. I don't remember seeing anything specific about it. If the pedal box was mounted by bolts then I can't see why there shouldn't be different holes it could bolt into.

quote:
Originally posted by l0rd

Anyway, i have many ideas on it You would need to spend quite some money on getting extra braided pipe lines for all this.

Might be worth it, though. Would only be 3 hoses and some fittings

Triton

posted on 25/9/08 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
Forgot the name of the car but it was a mid engined sevenesque thing using vauvhall motor...made in Blackpool maybe?

Well whatever it was called it had a trick pedal box that was so simple you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel..

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Richard Quinn

posted on 25/9/08 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Probably not SVA friendly in its current form, but something along the lines of...

[img][/img]

Bob C

posted on 25/9/08 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
I think the old marcos "mantula" (or sommat) had a pedal box that screwed back & forth using a big wheel on a leadscrew - I'm going back to the 70s here
aka Keith

posted on 25/9/08 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
IIRC, most of the Marcos's (plural) had an adjustable pedal box and a fixed seat, even up to the latest generations. I looked at buying one a couple of years ago.
Mix

posted on 25/9/08 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

There was a rear/mid engined sevenesque car with removable roof panels which stowed behind the seats, I think. Definitely had an adjustable pedal box, went out of buisiness in the 90s I think. Please someone come back with the name as this will bother me now

Regards Mick

mr henderson

posted on 25/9/08 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
That will be the Vauxhall based.........., Gawd, I've fogotten too. See it in my head, can't get the name

John

Mix

posted on 25/9/08 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Found it

CC Cyclone..............happy now

Regards Mick

mr henderson

posted on 25/9/08 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mix
Hi

Found it

CC Cyclone..............happy now

Regards Mick

There you go, I though it started with a C, but I got stuck on Calibra (a frequent donor for the Cyclone) and couldn't get past it

John

blakep82

posted on 25/9/08 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
as long as the brake (and hydraulic clutch) pipes are flexi, and its securely bolted in, i don't see a problem really

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

robinj66

posted on 25/9/08 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Gardner douglas supply an adjustable pedal box for their Cobra replicas.

I don't know much more than that, I'm afraid

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.