Board logo

Qucikshift
MrPoseidon - 2/5/17 at 11:33 AM

Hi .

Just purchased a quick shift from Stoneleigh Show and about to fit it to a Type9 gearbox. I'm new to kit cars and was wondering if its an easy job. Also read somewhere I should grease it well or it will rattle like crazy so which grease do I use ?

Thanks,

Nathsx - 2/5/17 at 11:49 AM

Should be fairly straight forward, not sure on the exact kit. judging by pictures on google, unbolt the top 4 bolts on existing then remove shifter assembly and replace with the new one.

Im not sure how the selector disconnects on these, you may also require some sealant or a new seal for the assembly to box

Id say a LM grease would be fine for the joint but others may have different opinions.

MrPoseidon - 2/5/17 at 12:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathsx
Should be fairly straight forward, not sure on the exact kit. judging by pictures on google, unbolt the top 4 bolts on existing then remove shifter assembly and replace with the new one.

Im not sure how the selector disconnects on these, you may also require some sealant or a new seal for the assembly to box

Id say a LM grease would be fine for the joint but others may have different opinions.

Thanks Nathsx - should be fun!