Board logo

Last open issue on SVA - Speedo
phil_far - 21/5/10 at 04:00 PM

All,
My SVA tets is now over and the last item before the sign off is the speedo. I am running an 893 blade with the bike's clocks.

I need a sensor that can pick up from the prop shaft bolts and can can be adjusted. I do not want to use the original bike sensor.

Let me know the company from which I can purchase.

russbost - 21/5/10 at 04:46 PM

I can offer a discount on any Acewell units & I'm happy to ship to Malta.

If you just type Acewell into the ebay search, you'll come up with all the various units I stock, but can always do a better price for Locosters if we're dealing direct.

Flamez - 21/5/10 at 05:39 PM

use the bike speedo with a healtech converter and magnets. you can then adjust the speedo as required

minitici - 21/5/10 at 06:18 PM

SVA???????

LBMEFM - 22/5/10 at 04:49 AM

I have a Mk Indy Blade. I used the original blade clocks too. I measured the circumference of the prop shaft cut a piece of duct tape to the same length and equally spaced six magnets on the tape. Then while I got someone to rotate the prop I applied the tape. Cable ties were then used to secure around the edges of the tape. The sensor was an Astra speedo one from a scrap yard mounted on a bracket at the side of the front end of the prop. I cut a hole in the bracket and pushed the sensor through it and put a hose clip around the body of the sensor either side to allow it to slide in and out for adjustment. I then run this through a HealTec to the clocks, its been fitted for year now with no signs of trouble and is spot on when checked against my sat/nav.

phil_far - 25/5/10 at 05:27 AM

From where did you get the Healtech?

Just send U2U