Board logo

Is this Useful?
Ben 4x4 Shepperd - 23/8/04 at 01:36 PM

Got hold of this end can today and was wondering if it is any use namely for passing sva etc. its a kawasaki and the guy gave it to me saying it makes his bike really quite but looses 10% or 10bhp I cant remember. Is this the type of thing i should put on to pass the tests?
Pic:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/DSCF0482.JPG

[Edited on 23/8/04 by Ben 4x4 Shepperd]

[Edited on 23/8/04 by Ben 4x4 Shepperd]

Mk-Ninja - 23/8/04 at 02:17 PM

It would be OK if you dont need a cat to get through the emisions, ie pre 1995 engine. But saying that you can put a restrictor in any can to quiten it down for the sva. Its getting through the emisions thats tricky.

Mad Dave - 23/8/04 at 02:21 PM

Thats off a Z1000. Apparently they are very restrictive on the bike but I don't know if it will help get thro' the SVA

Jasper - 23/8/04 at 02:49 PM

I wouldn't bother with this can. For SVA you will need to borrow/hire and can with a cat, after that get yourself a nice unrestricted can - especially worth doing if you have a high flow filter and a dynojet kit fitted.

I used a can borrow free of charge from Powerspeed in Kent, the chap there then made me a bespoke high flow stainless re-packable though reasonably quite (for track days) can - and a lovely piece of work it is too - £200. Let me know if you need his number - excellent service.

Don't even attempt SVA without a lamda kit (I rented mine from Mach #1) and spend time getting the exhaust mainfold WELL sealed (silicone selant), then pray very hard......

Mk-Ninja - 23/8/04 at 06:25 PM

quote:

then pray very hard......