Board logo

who teaches remapping ?
tcr - 20/9/12 at 12:09 PM

after a long talk with my consultant i have come to the realization i cant go back to the job i did before the accident so i am now in a position where i need to retrain, after looking at my options it all seems to be pointing to office work which i hate thats when i started thinking about learning remapping but there only seems to be one credible company offering the training.
are there any of you out there who is a re-mapper that can point me in the right direction ?

CNHSS1 - 20/9/12 at 01:36 PM

theres a course run on mapping, something like ECR?? one of the trainers is Jez Horsham of Horsham Developments in Cheively, Berkshire. www.h-dev.co.uk/, he may be able to give you some pointers on the course etc

coyoteboy - 20/9/12 at 01:42 PM

Are efi101 usa only? Iirc they do courses. Its finding a job or facilities I think you might struggle with? Suppose you could work as a calibration eng for a big oem?

tcr - 20/9/12 at 02:21 PM

thanks im not bothered where i work i just want to take the opportunity to make the most of a bad situation and learn something im interested in instead of spending the rest of my life on benefits like most do given a given half an excuse.
theres 100's of franchise deals with (generic) mobile tuning companies which offer training but id rather sell my soul than go down that route .

ashg - 20/9/12 at 02:35 PM

I did the EMA course run by Jes Horsham and Anthony Rickson. simply put it was one of the best courses i have ever had the pleasure of going on.

i did their Introduction to engine management course and reviewed it in an article for ckc magazine. but simply put it was fantastic well worth the money.

Hopefully i can find time to go and do the other courses at some point in the very near future.

Fatgadget - 20/9/12 at 04:07 PM

My thoughts are if you got a grounding in how control systems interact, and are of advanced age,you probly wasting time and money going on a learning course unless you get an accreditation at the end.

mtechmatt - 20/9/12 at 04:12 PM

Do you want to learn 'remapping' or tuning?

If you want to learn dyno tuning then come down and shadow us for a bit If you can make tea, your in lol

Matt

[Edited on 20/9/12 by mtechmatt]

tcr - 20/9/12 at 06:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fatgadget
My thoughts are if you got a grounding in how control systems interact, and are of advanced age,you probly wasting time and money going on a learning course unless you get an accreditation at the end.

im only 33 although i do feel of "advanced age" at the moment
where are you at matt im stll going through surgerys to rebuild my foot at the mo but i can still make a mean cuppa

[Edited on 20/9/12 by tcr]

SCAR - 20/9/12 at 06:38 PM

If you've a bit of time on your hands you can always pop in and see us at SCAR, we're just down the road at Mansfield. Give me a message first though to avoid a wasted journey as the club only opens a couple of times a week
Hope the foot mends
cheers
Steve

mtechmatt - 21/9/12 at 04:23 PM

We are down in Wiltshire nr Bath

tcr - 21/9/12 at 04:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mtechmatt
We are down in Wiltshire nr Bath

oh a bit far but if you throw a sleeping bag and train ticket in ill bring the bacon