Board logo

1800 gti silvertop zetec on gsxr itb's
marshal900l - 1/8/12 at 05:13 PM

hi everyone. right i have a 1.8gti silvertop zetec. i have just bought gsxr1000 throttle bodies which is on a st170 inlet manifold and has standard st170 injectors and i have a fuel pressure regulator to take my fuel pressure to 3 psi, and also have a mtech v3 ecu which is the same as megasquirt v3 as i am using going to be using megatune ms2 software. can anyone give me any sort of idea where i can get a map to put on my ecu?
zetec 1.8 base map or even a map ready set up for me to fit and go.

tried m tech and many other companies and not heard a thing back from them or they are not interested due to it being a m tech ecu.
also if i have to change the injector cc/min or lbs/hr from the base map can anyone give me a idea of what digits i have to put in?
i have read loads about this got all the basic idea of fitting etc but noone really explains how to set up the idle and fast idle as there is only a tps to go from and no idle valve?

hope someone can help me.

cheers

rob

Autosri - 1/8/12 at 05:30 PM

3psi for throttle bodies?

i know its not a locost way but i think your best bet is get it all fitted and then head to a rolling road as you could damage the engine and be worse off than when you started unless someone has a base map but you will still most likely need it rolling roaded

marshal900l - 1/8/12 at 05:39 PM

hi. what fuel pressure do you run at? i know that i have to go to rolling road after but want to get it up and running. do you know where i can get a zetec 1800 base map to?

cheers

doddy - 1/8/12 at 05:53 PM

there are some base maps on m-techs web site may help you here is a link
http://www.mtechmaps.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=1

AntonUK - 1/8/12 at 05:53 PM

Fuel pressure should be about 43psi (3bar)

marshal900l - 2/8/12 at 04:47 PM

thanks for the info.

have tried the website given by doddy but i don't get a confirmation email for me to activate my account.

does anyone know anywhere else i can get a zetec base map from?

also anymore info people can give me will be much appreciated?

cheers

daviep - 2/8/12 at 05:02 PM

I'm surprised that mtech have not replied to you?

Matt (mtechmatt on here) is a regular poster on here, I'm sure he will be along to help soon.

You could try dropping him a u2u or replying on one of his threads.

Regards
Davie

MikeRJ - 2/8/12 at 06:10 PM

There is a VE table generator built into Megatune that should be sufficient to get your engine started and running. You will need a trip to a dyno to get it mapped properly anyway, so don't waste time looking for a perfect map.

marshal900l - 3/8/12 at 05:01 PM

yeah i just want a map to get up and running so i can get to a dyno run all sorted on it. will the magasquirt v basemaps work on the m tech ecu? as what i have read it is the same and my software disc has megatune on it.

also how long or far can i drive once up and running to a rolling road as my closest is about 75 mile away well a decent one anyway?

mtechmatt - 30/8/12 at 12:28 PM

Hi,

Just send me an email with the spec and I can send one over..

Being a megasquirt most RRs wont touch it (as they if not proffesionally built can have build issues)

We offer full mapping for £250+VAT on our rolling road, as a basemap is just that... a base map...

matthew.thorne@mtechautomotive.co.uk

Cheers,
Matt