Board logo

4age inlet manifold help Bogg Bros
sean951 - 24/1/13 at 02:28 PM

Hi all, I am currently trying to install a Toyota 4age into a 1973 mg midget. I purchased a set of r1 carbs to use with the engine, however I need an inlet manifold made up. I know Bogg Bros does this, but I can't seem to find an email address for them. I am in the states so calling is a bit problematic as by the time I get off work it's to late to call the UK. Does anyone have their email or know of a way I can contact them? Do they post on this site? Also anyone have an idea of what the manifold would cost? Thanks in advance.

Norfolkluegojnr - 24/1/13 at 02:51 PM

http://www.boggbros.co.uk/

contact us page on there, or give them a call.

mcerd1 - 24/1/13 at 03:10 PM

^^ yeah, but the contact us page doesn't have an e-mail address

they do make very nice manifolds (I've got one myself ) and they are very helpful
but I'm not sure just how good they are with computers - so your probably better phoning....

alternatively FASTdan on this site also sells manifolds and DIY kits - do a search for his user name on here and you'll find the links

Canada EH! - 24/1/13 at 03:41 PM

Being a little north of you in the same time zone, set your alarm clock for 04:00 and make the call then. If your real quiet the others in the hours won't know what your up to.

puma931 - 24/1/13 at 04:15 PM

Also try DanSt on this forum, as he makes inlet manifolds.

sean951 - 24/1/13 at 04:30 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. I didn't know there where other people that did the manifolds. To bad no one in the states has branched out into it.

Fred W B - 24/1/13 at 06:08 PM

It's just a couple of plates and some pipes. With the parts its going to connect to in front of him and a photo of what you want any competent fabricator could make it up

Cheers

Fred W B

[Edited on 24/1/13 by Fred W B]

tul214 - 25/1/13 at 07:05 AM

I made one my self.

I had the flange cut using the gasket as a template and formed the ovals for the tubes in a vice!

Welded it all up and sprayed it in VHT.....it worked well

laser cut 4A-GE inlet flange
laser cut 4A-GE inlet flange

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

FASTdan - 25/1/13 at 09:12 AM

Hi Sean - As mentioned I can make you an aluminium 4AGE R1 manifold no problem, either the small or large port type.

I recall receiving an email for this application yesterday - if this was you, then I will reply ASAP, if not please email dan@danstengineering.co.uk.

Jed - 25/1/13 at 07:05 PM

4AGE in a Midget - great choice...I hope.

I'm fitting a 4AGE 16v with 4AGE 20V throttle bodies and I hope it will be running (but not on the road) this year. The manifold I picked up is steel and not much different from the one that tul124 made and displayed in an post earlier.

Currently rebuilding the axle & front suspension etc then it will be sorting out the brakes. After that the exciting stuff will start when I can drop the engine back in.

Jed