Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DP1 alternative body
Rorty

posted on 5/10/05 at 05:33 AM Reply With Quote
I love the green concept body. Absolutely sensational!
I don't care for the original look; it's like so many other GT type cars. Thay look like they've all been made using foam blocks and with no imagination. Everything from the Radical to Mk's Indy look identical, boxy and boring.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fred W B

posted on 5/10/05 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
I have also been thinking of subbing out the mould making only to a pro, once the buck is done.

What I do find though, on subbing out stuff, is that no matter how carefully you spec the job, if often turns out not to be exactly what you wanted.

Talking about DP cars, he's doing a hell of a job, but I'm interested to see how well the car works "out of the box". It's okay doing everything in cad, but when you actually bolt the bits together, the fits and clearances sometime just don't work out, even at the professional level. New cars require lots of development, so he may have to fiddle with the project until it works well.

I have said before here that it never ceases to amaze me the number of new kit or turnkey cars that are launched and orders taken, on the strength of a few drawings, before a car has even turned a wheel in anger. I'm not referring specifically to DP here, his stuff does look well engineered

Cheers Fred WB

[Edited on 5/10/05 by Fred W B]

andkilde

posted on 9/10/05 at 03:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fred W B

What I do find though, on subbing out stuff, is that no matter how carefully you spec the job, if often turns out not to be exactly what you wanted.
Cheers Fred WB

If you read through the whole site he refers to this fairly often -- Items coming exactly to print that need a bit of tweaking to make up for minor miscalculations.

He also notes that many of his tight clearance items fit perfectly once assembled, just as the 3d models predict.

Marvellous watching a project this sophisticated evolve into a finshed product.

Cheers, Ted

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 10/10/05 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fred W B
I have also been thinking of subbing out the mould making only to a pro, once the buck is done..........

Fred, ironically, the mould making is relatively quick and easy...it's the buck/plug that is hard and time consuming.....

sgraber

posted on 10/10/05 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alan B

...it's the buck/plug that is hard and time consuming.....

Oh Reeeeallyyy?!

Now you tell me....

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

Alan B

posted on 10/10/05 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Didn't want to let on Steve......you know...just in case...

Comparitively speaking the the post plug satges are truly joyeus....orgasmic nearly...

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.