Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Has the word Engineering lost its wealth?
fesycresy

posted on 18/6/08 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
The penny dropped in my second year Mechanical BEng.

Got out of uni and became one of those lying Techinical Sales Engineers, pissed my boss off so much he quit Slipped into his job, they stuck a 'Contracts Manager' label on the tin.

Am I happy, am I shite.

My job looks easy (I like to think it's because I'm the bollox) but it's like a poo sandwich, the more bread you want the more shit you've got to take.

Ah well, time for an early finish

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Davey D

posted on 18/6/08 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
The same can be said for many job titles though... especially the title of Manager... *opens up a can o' worms*

DIY Si

posted on 18/6/08 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davey D
The same can be said for many job titles though... especially the title of Manager... *opens up a can o' worms*

Like my boss. I refuse to call him my manager. He's officially in charge of a team of 13 blokes, all of whom work on their own. have their own stores and are fully trained. There is a lass in the office who looks after my van, a lass who does the holidays and sick and my works is returned via my computer. I see him once a month, maybe once every 6-7 weeks sometimes. And his job title has recently been changed to Resource Team Leader. There are 5 of these muppets, but the contract has just changed and they'll be doing with just 2. Goes to show how flippin' useless they are at my company.
And, annoyingly, I'm better trained than he is, but I refuse to brown nose and become a yes man.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.