Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Alternator help
Bass1st

posted on 18/4/10 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
Alternator help

I ran out of electricity and it seems like my alternator has failed. My car has an old Lucas ACR 17 / 18 unit that is very large and heavy. Any suggestions for an alternative that will do the job and save me some weight before I order a replacement?
clairetoo

posted on 18/4/10 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
I just helped Alex (omega0684) fit a Daihatsu alternator to his Pinto - that was tiny !

Edit - one of these

[Edited on 18/4/10 by clairetoo]

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

britishtrident

posted on 18/4/10 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bass1st
I ran out of electricity and it seems like my alternator has failed. My car has an old Lucas ACR 17 / 18 unit that is very large and heavy. Any suggestions for an alternative that will do the job and save me some weight before I order a replacement?

Provided you can fix the old one for pennies. The brushes cost £2.00, the voltage regulator pack about £6.00 and the two take only 5 minutes to fit. And if in the unlikely event you need a new rectifier it cost about £ 7.00

Most common cause of Lucas ACR no charging faults is just arcing burning the rear blade connectors -- clean up with emery board and crimp in or renew the female Lucar connectors in the plug.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

blakep82

posted on 18/4/10 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
quote:
Originally posted by Bass1st

Provided you can fix the old one for pennies. The brushes cost £2.00, the voltage regulator pack about £6.00 and the two take only 5 minutes to fit. And if in the unlikely event you need a new rectifier it cost about £ 7.00

Most common cause of Lucas ACR no charging faults is just arcing burning the rear blade connectors -- clean up with emery board and crimp in or renew the female Lucar connectors in the plug.

would still be as large and heavy though. he wants a smaller lighter one

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Bass1st

posted on 18/4/10 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Got a new one from ebay for £42 delivered.. this will do for now!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.