Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS: Gas flowed 4age head
Bass1st

posted on 27/9/10 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
FS: Gas flowed 4age head

I have a gas flowed and polished 4age head that I would like to find a good home for.

I bought it off ebay primarily for the cams it had installed, but the head itself is a big port and I am running a small port. The head was modified 3 years ago by Vulcan engineering. Has Ferrea valves and valve guides installed. Head did approx 6000 miles since the modification.

If I get no takers I will strip the head and reuse the bits!

Open to offers. This would have cost at least 1000 quid to have had modified but would take 150.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Bass1st

posted on 27/9/10 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
BTW... performance cams not included, but will throw in some standard ones if needed!
bi22le

posted on 27/9/10 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
I would take it off of your hands but a ported and flowed head is not even on my list of purchases this winter let alone if it would work \ make any diffence to my stock 20V blacktop.

I suggest if you want rid you register on driftworks.com. They love AE111 engines on there and it will deffinatly sell. I sold a set of second hand cams for asking price on their within a week.

HTH,

Of course if your feeling charitable I will take it off of yours hands. My gift to you. . . your space back where it once stood!!

Ill collect!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Bass1st

posted on 27/9/10 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Its a 16v head - I should have said!

I am actually looking at swapping my 16v for a 20v, so know where to come for advice!

Bass1st

posted on 26/7/11 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Head is still up for grabs, just gathering dust.

Open to offers....

bi22le

posted on 28/7/11 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
What tuning and work has your 16V done?

I am half (or even less!) considering supercharging my car which would mean loosing my 20V blacktop. Ideally I would go for a 20V silver top though as they are the pinikle but If your 16V has some goodies and reasonable power it could be a start.

Just so you know. It is a realy pipe line dream to SC my car and may not happen but I am interested to see what potential engines there are out there.

Did you stick it on driftworks?

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Bass1st

posted on 28/7/11 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
I never got round to sticking this on driftworks! I should do really as its a great bit of kit.

I just got high lift cams installed in mine, Omex ECU and got a free flowing exhaust. This got it up to approx 170 BHP. I did not fix the head as its for a big port engine and mine was a small port.

All I know is the head as been gas flowed and has had all the valves replaced with top of the line parts.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.