Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zx14 (zzr1400) oil pan install
oddsaabs

posted on 10/1/11 at 12:05 AM Reply With Quote
zx14 (zzr1400) oil pan install

I installed my new low profile oil pan today. Comes from Two Wheel Werkz here in the US http://www.twowheelwerkz.com/ Very nice piece. The quality is excellent and it fit without a hitch.

I did a write up for my build log on LocostUSA. You can find it here at the bottom of page 3: http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=10160&start=30

Lowered the motor by 3" and hopefully will minimize oiling issues in the corners.

Johneturbo

posted on 10/1/11 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
hey Jonathan

Looks good

what are you going to do about runing an oil cooler, (if you are going to that is) maybe a sandwich plate between the oil filter? not sure if they are off the shelf parts

I have emailed Justin about shipping. i'm just not sure what to do yet. Re oil cooler

oddsaabs

posted on 10/1/11 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
I'm planning on running it without an oil cooler to start with and then see how it goes. If there is an issue, an external cooler could be adapted with a sandwich plate or a fitting to move the filter elsewhere as well. There must be something out there that will fit as the turbo kits use coolers and remote filters. I've got a nice little SPA oil cooler unit on the shelf that I haven't used in years. It could be brought into service if required.

Justin is a good guy, a bit querky, but a straight shooter. If he doesn't reply to email then call him. The conversation will be worth the price of admission.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.