Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Parking ticket .. HELP
woodster

posted on 7/1/12 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Parking ticket .. HELP

Today as I do most Saturdays after work I go to the local gym, I always park on the free council car park across from the gym and more or less in the same bay, it holds about 40 cars and theres normally about 10 to 15 other cars parked. Today when I went back to my vehicle imagine my surprise stuck on the windscreen a big yellow parking ticket, I first thought may be they'd started charging but no the sign still says its free, well I'm well puzzled and not just a little bit miffed and after looking at all the other cars it seems I'm the only one with a ticket. I decided to open the ticket to see just what it is It is I've done wrong .... It says I was observed from 12.51 to 12.53 parked beyond the bay markings .... £25 fine ??? ....BAST&&DS ... I was parked like I always park between the lines and as forward as i can against the kerb so the back end doesn't stick out, it's a Mitsubishi L200 crew cab which is quite long ... If I've parked wrong I don't mind paying the fine but I'm sure I parked correctly so I intend to appeal, the question is will they have a photo as evidence ? Does this mean every time I park I'll need to measure the bay first ?
r1_pete

posted on 7/1/12 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Did you take some photo evidence?

I'm pretty sure if they have, the have to share it with you.

I've an L200 Raging Bull, and often overhang front or back, and never had a problem, and generally find I'm squarer in the bay than most other cars.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big-vee-twin

posted on 7/1/12 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
They do usually have photos which they will send you when you appeal, unfortunately I don't think many who appeal have much look as they are a set of jobs-worths and unfortunately because of recent cuts this is happening more often as it is an extra source of income for cash strapped councils.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

Ninehigh

posted on 7/1/12 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
The question is have you got any pictures?

Also might be worth measuring the bay in question and comparing it with your vehicle. I'm quite sure a court would find them "being k***heads" when you're over the lines of a 6 foot wide space in a 7 foot wide vehicle.

mistergrumpy

posted on 7/1/12 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Manchester and Salford council wardens take pictures all the time so I guess they would. You can't park anywhere in Bolton nowadays, except Deane Road, park anyway you bloody like there. Middle of the road, bus lane, whatever!
woodster

posted on 7/1/12 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
Manchester and Salford council wardens take pictures all the time so I guess they would. You can't park anywhere in Bolton nowadays, except Deane Road, park anyway you bloody like there. Middle of the road, bus lane, whatever!

Totally agree you can park anywhere on Deane road you just need a brown face .... This was in Radcliffe of all places , friggin DSV !!!! The car park at the bottom of Ainsworth rd next to the new Tesco , which has a security guard on the door nice area

owelly

posted on 7/1/12 at 11:53 PM Reply With Quote
If you know you were parked correctly, get them to take you to court. If they have photos, they can only prove you were parked correctly. I don't see the problem.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Litemoth

posted on 7/1/12 at 11:59 PM Reply With Quote
Is the ticket from a private company?
woodster

posted on 8/1/12 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Litemoth

No it's a council ticket from one of their enforcement officers, I'm just about to email them to appeal and I'll post their reply ..... Thanks for the replies

Ninehigh

posted on 8/1/12 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by woodster
quote:
Originally posted by Litemoth

No it's a council ticket from one of their enforcement officers, I'm just about to email them to appeal and I'll post their reply ..... Thanks for the replies

Follow that email up with a recorded delivery letter, emails get lost/ignored

woodster

posted on 13/1/12 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Just to finish the story I got the photo evidence from the council today, to say I was parked over the white line is a slight understatement, about a foot oops , anyway with a red face and the wife's loving words ringing in my ears .. "you knob ed" ..... I've paid my fine

[Edited on 13/1/12 by woodster]

steve m

posted on 13/1/12 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the honesty,

I would of kept quiet !!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.