Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 4age inlet manifold help Bogg Bros
sean951

posted on 24/1/13 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
4age inlet manifold help Bogg Bros

Hi all, I am currently trying to install a Toyota 4age into a 1973 mg midget. I purchased a set of r1 carbs to use with the engine, however I need an inlet manifold made up. I know Bogg Bros does this, but I can't seem to find an email address for them. I am in the states so calling is a bit problematic as by the time I get off work it's to late to call the UK. Does anyone have their email or know of a way I can contact them? Do they post on this site? Also anyone have an idea of what the manifold would cost? Thanks in advance.
Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 24/1/13 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.boggbros.co.uk/

contact us page on there, or give them a call.

mcerd1

posted on 24/1/13 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
^^ yeah, but the contact us page doesn't have an e-mail address

they do make very nice manifolds (I've got one myself ) and they are very helpful
but I'm not sure just how good they are with computers - so your probably better phoning....

alternatively FASTdan on this site also sells manifolds and DIY kits - do a search for his user name on here and you'll find the links

-

Canada EH!

posted on 24/1/13 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Being a little north of you in the same time zone, set your alarm clock for 04:00 and make the call then. If your real quiet the others in the hours won't know what your up to.
puma931

posted on 24/1/13 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
Also try DanSt on this forum, as he makes inlet manifolds.
sean951

posted on 24/1/13 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the advice guys. I didn't know there where other people that did the manifolds. To bad no one in the states has branched out into it.
Fred W B

posted on 24/1/13 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
It's just a couple of plates and some pipes. With the parts its going to connect to in front of him and a photo of what you want any competent fabricator could make it up

Cheers

Fred W B

[Edited on 24/1/13 by Fred W B]

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

tul214

posted on 25/1/13 at 07:05 AM Reply With Quote
I made one my self.

I had the flange cut using the gasket as a template and formed the ovals for the tubes in a vice!

Welded it all up and sprayed it in VHT.....it worked well

laser cut 4A-GE inlet flange
laser cut 4A-GE inlet flange

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

FASTdan

posted on 25/1/13 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Sean - As mentioned I can make you an aluminium 4AGE R1 manifold no problem, either the small or large port type.

I recall receiving an email for this application yesterday - if this was you, then I will reply ASAP, if not please email dan@danstengineering.co.uk.

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Jed

posted on 25/1/13 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
4AGE in a Midget - great choice...I hope.

I'm fitting a 4AGE 16v with 4AGE 20V throttle bodies and I hope it will be running (but not on the road) this year. The manifold I picked up is steel and not much different from the one that tul124 made and displayed in an post earlier.

Currently rebuilding the axle & front suspension etc then it will be sorting out the brakes. After that the exciting stuff will start when I can drop the engine back in.

Jed

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.