Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Updates on the DP1
Alan B

posted on 9/2/05 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Updates on the DP1

Fro those who don't follow Dennis's progress...
DP1

Follow the links to DP1

Looking good...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chunkielad

posted on 9/2/05 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
that's an intyeresting looking car - I like that a lot!!! Shame he couldn't do a 2 seater version Missus wouldn't let me get a single seater - she'd have no fun then
locoboy

posted on 9/2/05 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
Thats a fantastic 'boys and their toys' site

how much money does this guy have!

not to mention the spare time at his disposal.

ATB
Locoboy

alister667

posted on 9/2/05 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
Wow. That is a stunning looking body.
If I had a stack of cash beside me now.......

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alister667/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 9/2/05 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by colmaccoll
Thats a fantastic 'boys and their toys' site

not to mention the spare time at his disposal.

Point taken Col, but at least he his sharing what he is doing and he's true enthusiast.

I'm sure we'd all do something similar given the cash and time...

kb58

posted on 9/2/05 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I've talked to him about what he wants trying to accomplish, long term. The DP1 is just the first step leading to future projects unrelated to cars. Never have I met someone so driven, so willing to go broke to see his goals attained. AFAIK he isn't rich, instead willing to go as far as selling sell his house to finance his projects. Most of us, myself included, are unwilling to go to those extremes...

Mid-engine Locost - http://www.midlana.com
And the book - http://www.lulu.com/shop/kurt-bilinski/midlana/paperback/product-21330662.html
Kimini - a tube-frame, carbon shell, Honda Prelude VTEC mid-engine Mini: http://www.kimini.com
And its book - http://www.lulu.com/shop/kurt-bilinski/kimini-how-to-design-and-build-a-mid-engine-sports-car-from-scratch/paperback/product-4858803.html

Fred W B

posted on 9/2/05 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with points made above, but is their really a market for those?

Then, I suppose they said the same thing about the first 4 wheeled motorcycles, now Yahama apparently sells more Blasters per year than all their other products combined.

And also they prob said that about Jetskis's....

sgraber

posted on 9/2/05 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kb58
quote:

I've talked to him about what he wants trying to accomplish, long term. The DP1 is just the first step leading to future projects unrelated to cars. Never have I met someone so driven, so willing to go broke to see his goals attained. AFAIK he isn't rich, instead willing to go as far as selling sell his house to finance his projects. Most of us, myself included, are unwilling to go to those extremes...

Dennis P's site, (and the little car) is one of my all time favorites. I can't wait to see if his design lives up to my expectations!

I think a number of us, if SINGLE, and without the trappings of family life and responsibilities that implies, would do exactly that! Go to those extremes that is. The only person he affects by taking such risks is himself.

Graber

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

posted on 9/2/05 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Modern sales technology is more about creating a market than trying to develop a product for an existing market.
Mave

posted on 9/2/05 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
It's my absolute favourite too. I've been following the project from the beginning, and not a day goes by with me checking his site for updates!

He is getting close to the first drive now! (well, relatively speaking)

Marcel

sean951

posted on 9/2/05 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
I too have been following it from the begining. the guy is an inspiration to us all. not just the ones of us building cars, but for anything. the drive this guy had to have to follow through with his dream. I hope he gets lots of media coverage when he is finnished with it, he deserves it and the final product should be amazing.
turbo time

posted on 10/2/05 at 05:17 AM Reply With Quote
I can only agree with what's been said, that car is an amazing work, that guy has a tremendous concept and more time in that project than I can imagine.

My opinion though is that he is missing out on the best part....actually building the car. I know the best part of my whole project was when I actually took everything off the drawing board and got to pick up the welding torch. I wouldn't trade it for letting somone else do it and give me a finished frame, suspension, body, and all I'd need to do is a little bit of finishing and then bolt it together. Again, just my opionion, I think I have learned 500% more this way.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.