Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Plastic tank orientation
progers

posted on 13/2/03 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Plastic tank orientation

Hi,

I have installed the plastic tank on my Indy with the fuel outlet on the RHS (offside) of the car. Now that I look at it I realise that because the base of the tank tilts upwards the fuel pickup will not be in the lowest position in the tank which might make it more susceptable to fuel surge.

Have I put it in the wrong way round and in there a way of altering the fuel pickup pipe to place it in a lower position in the tank? (I don't want to take it out again...)

Cheers

Paul

progers

posted on 14/2/03 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
Surely someone can tell me what way round they have installed their plastic tank? Just need confirmation one way or the other

Cheers

Paul

dodgyroger

posted on 14/2/03 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
I put mine in with the filler neck on the off-side but I have not run the car yet so I cannot comment how it performs (which is not particularly useful)
PTM

posted on 14/2/03 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
Looking forwards from the back of the car the filler is positioned to the right (offside) and the outlet to the left. This is the norm unless someone has asked for a modification or a special request.
On another note, if anyone needs a tank modding or altering then if you can get it back to MK then I'll be glad to do it for a small financial reward.

PTM

posted on 14/2/03 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Oops, not a full answer was it? As for fuel surge, can't see a problem, the tank is baffled and as yet no reports of fuel starvation have been reported. These type of tanks have been supplied to MK for at least 2 years.
Jasper

posted on 14/2/03 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Whats with the new ident??? you just want to be a Noobie again don't you. Is this cause you gonna build a PROPER car with a PROPER engine, you know, one that revs properly!
progers

posted on 14/2/03 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the feedback chaps. I have now switched the tank around as it puts the fuel outlet pipe in a lower position and the filler neck is in a better position relative to the rear fibre glass panel when you use a 90 degree rubber fuel pipe.

Funny thing is that is seats better on the chassis the other way round and the black demo car at MK had the tank round this way (i.e. the wrong way) .... Nevermind its all been sorted now

Cheers

Paul

progers

posted on 14/2/03 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
Whats with the new ident??? you just want to be a Noobie again don't you. Is this cause you gonna build a PROPER car with a PROPER engine, you know, one that revs properly!

To right Jasper, I've put a yamaha R1 in my chassis and its gonna go like sh*t off the proverbial shovel.... If anyone needs any info regarding an R1 build Vs a blade or ZX9R I can point them in the direction of lots of good info.

Cheers

Paul

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.