Board logo

I'm a total Moron!!!!
eznfrank - 13/3/10 at 06:20 PM

Decided to finally get round to cycle wing brackets today, a job I'd been putting off since I got the kit. So measured up this morning then round to my mates to use his mahoosive vice to hold them, bent dead easy and nice and straight and was well chuffed...............until I came to fit them and discovered I'd bent them 180 degrees in the wrong direction. What a bloody idiot I am!!!

[Edited on 13/3/10 by eznfrank]

TigerB6 Paul - 13/3/10 at 06:24 PM

hahahahahaha

BenB - 13/3/10 at 06:25 PM

Doh

Remember the mantra of the bodger....

measure once, cut once, repeat, discard

eznfrank - 13/3/10 at 06:29 PM

to add insult to injury I actually had them the right way round in the vice at first then said to my mate, bloody hell I nearly did them the wrong way round so turned them!!

RichardK - 13/3/10 at 07:39 PM

Thought you were going to say you'd done what I did and make two right ones!!

Fairly easy to sort just a mess about. It'll only make you appreciate them all the more when they're finished

Cheers

Rich

speedyxjs - 13/3/10 at 08:13 PM

If i had a pound for every time i have done that id be a miwyonair

Richard Quinn - 13/3/10 at 08:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
If i had a pound for every time i have done that id be a miwyonair
Do you really have 500,000 pairs of crap cycle wing brackets? You really should've got it sussed after the first 250,000 pairs! I suppose it'll make eznfrank feel a little better about himself!!

mad-butcher - 14/3/10 at 07:35 PM

just cut thru the tube untill you reach the bar on both sides remove flat bar, turn round and reweld. I removed the bar 1st when I did mine bent it then welded it in place.

tony