Board logo

Swap. Mk for westfield
noc231073 - 17/9/13 at 07:23 PM

Would you swap a 2011 Mk indy rr busa gen 2 with dry sump , flat shift. Data logger. Etc
For a 2008 Westfield sport 2000 factory built with a duratec. 4000 miles on the clock every extra...

Good deal or not?

bi22le - 17/9/13 at 08:38 PM

BEC for CEC?!?!?

Home built Vs factory built
lesser chassis for a better chassis (only what I have read, keep your hat on)

Depends on what you like, what you want and what you do.

Me personally, I would be MK

eddie99 - 17/9/13 at 08:40 PM

As above depends what you want from the kit car ownership but sounds like a no brainer interms of resale value etc...

anthony1 - 18/9/13 at 07:01 AM

Have always had car engined examples personally but can see the attraction of the bike engine also , resale value of the Westfield will be an attraction , but it really depends what you fancy and what you will use the car for......have a look on Youtube at Caterham/Stelvio pass....

ashg - 18/9/13 at 07:20 AM

whos going to swap a westfield for an indy? If i had a westfield and wanted a busa engined car i would put a busa engine in the westfield.

best bet.

sell the indy

add some cash

buy a westfield.

40inches - 18/9/13 at 08:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ashg
whos going to swap a westfield for an indy? If i had a westfield and wanted a busa engined car i would put a busa engine in the westfield.

best bet.

sell the indy

add some cash

buy a westfield.

I may be wrong, but judging by the wording from the OP's post, the deal is there to be done.
I think I would personally go with it.

noc231073 - 18/9/13 at 08:32 AM

Yes the deal is just about done

Not Anumber - 18/9/13 at 11:18 AM

Sounds like a good deal.

I like my Indy but would certainly do a straight swap for a Westfield to gain resale value so long as the car was as good to drive

noc231073 - 21/9/13 at 07:09 AM

Mk indy out the gate and Westfield has arrived .... Someone pinch me ...or arrest me because I think I just robbed a man I can't believe the deal I have just done....
Westfield ... What a car.... No pop rivets or bad fitting panel or part here ... Actually no second hand parts were fitted at all to the car when built..
Bit slower than the busa but ... I am looking for a more useable car ..and that what it is ... Super is all I can say

brookie - 21/9/13 at 09:11 AM

photos

40inches - 21/9/13 at 10:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by noc231073
Mk indy out the gate and Westfield has arrived .... Someone pinch me ...or arrest me because I think I just robbed a man I can't believe the deal I have just done....
Westfield ... What a car.... No pop rivets or bad fitting panel or part here ... Actually no second hand parts were fitted at all to the car when built..
Bit slower than the busa but ... I am looking for a more useable car ..and that what it is ... Super is all I can say

How on earth did you manage it?

ajw - 23/9/13 at 07:36 PM

The bargain of a lifetime. I have just seen the westfield and is mint !. The previous owner paid 5000 euro to pay Irish vechicle tax . The 2 litre duratec engined car is the best I have seen. Some people born lucky!