Board logo

Intresting link for donor power outputs.
Jon Ison - 2/3/05 at 03:44 PM

http://www.juansolo.demon.co.uk/P2W/P2W.html

DarrenW - 2/3/05 at 04:07 PM

Thats very interesting.

Theres an MK Indy R1 with almost same P/W ratio as a Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale!!

Ive always based my aspirations on achieving similar ratio to my old E36 M3EVO (approx 220 bhp/t exc driver) which was better than an M5 of the same year! Hope i achieve it (only need approx 135bhp).

It would be interesting to find out from those with built cars what their supercar rival is? Mine will be Lotus exige S2 or VX220 if build goes to plan. Im happy with that.

Hellfire - 2/3/05 at 09:02 PM

Somewhere between Caterham Superlight R and TVR T400R

silex - 15/3/05 at 12:38 PM

Hmmm suprising, somewhere between the Ferrari 312 T4 (1979) and the Ferrari F2000 - Schumaker.

Hellfire - 15/3/05 at 12:42 PM

Silex, what engine are you using??

silex - 15/3/05 at 01:02 PM

a tweaked nissan skyline

[Edited on 15/3/05 by silex]

Snuggs - 15/3/05 at 01:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Silex, what engine are you using??

or

How many engines are you using??

clbarclay - 15/3/05 at 02:20 PM

2 engines like cordless drill batteries, take one out and put in another when the first needs rebuilding.

What is the service interval on a tweeked skyline engine?

silex - 16/3/05 at 08:01 AM

Skylines are quite capable of running 1200bhp so I am not too worried about the engine being too over powered. My mate - who kindly offered me the doner for hard cash after cutting the car in two via a lamp post and not wishing to tell his insurance - just used to stick to a six month dealer service. He and the dealership were apparantly ok with this.

My intension is to run the car in the summer, not winter so this would give me plenty of time to strip the motor in the winter if I need to.

4bturbo - 19/3/05 at 06:37 PM

Hmmm very interesting I should be pretty close to a Radical SR3 Supersport - Doubt it will handle as well though

ethomas - 22/3/05 at 05:08 PM

Hmm, that will all depend on what engine I end up with. My car (Eagle SS) should end up at around 700kg (approx).

If I stick with the Pinto lump that is in the car, I will have about 75bhp, putting me next to a Hyundai Coupe. Hmm

The next step would be a mildly tweaked Zetec on 130bhp cams. Figure aroun 150bhp on bike bodies and megasquirt/jolt, leaving me in VX220 territory. Not bad

The silly options are:

A: Put a supercharger* on mild boost onto the Zetec, this should offer around 200bhp, this is spitting distance from a 360 Modena

Of course, like anyone building a Ford based kit, I dream of Cosworth power. That should give me an easy 300bhp, leaving me just trailing an F40.

This is a fun game, but not necessarily one which is good for my bank account

Edit: I just noticed that there is a Lotus Esprit S350 in the list. One of my friends has one of these, it looks like I have a "finishing line", at least until he gets a racing chip and goes up to 450bhp...

[Edited on 22/3/05 by ethomas]