Board logo

How to fill out a V627 build up vehicle inspection for a BEC with recon engine?
Sloan85 - 5/9/13 at 08:47 PM

Apologies for starting yet another topic.......

Suppose someone was after a new plate with a recon bike engine, how would they fill out the V627 as engine and gearbox are down as 2 items on the form..... Any ideas?

Cheers.

[Edited on 5/9/13 by Sloan85]

adithorp - 5/9/13 at 08:58 PM

I just put the engine details in the engine section and wrote a note explaining gearbox, integral and inseparable to engine.

To get new reg' the one allowed recon' item has to be to "reconditioned as new" condition with receipt as such.

Sloan85 - 5/9/13 at 09:10 PM

I have a receipt for recon engine.

Does anyone who registered a BEC on a new plate have a copy of their V627 form? Or can you tell me exactly what to write?

Cheers

[Edited on 5/9/13 by Sloan85]

deanspoors - 5/9/13 at 10:16 PM

I am also interested in this being in the same situation. Can I ask Sloan, what does your recon receipt say exactly? does it go down to replacing all gearbox shafts, gears, bearings, etc?

Cheers,
Dean

deanspoors - 5/9/13 at 10:17 PM

I am also interested in this being in the same situation. Can I ask Sloan, what does your recon receipt say exactly? does it go down to replacing all gearbox shafts, gears, bearings, etc?

Cheers,
Dean

doobrychat - 6/9/13 at 06:53 AM

i put engine down as rebuilt and reverse gearbox new which got me my 13 plate.. every other mechanical part was new.

it helps if your receipt shows parts from MK as new..

Proby - 6/9/13 at 09:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by doobrychat
i put engine down as rebuilt and reverse gearbox new which got me my 13 plate.. every other mechanical part was new.

it helps if your receipt shows parts from MK as new..

This is exactly as I did back in the day with my Westfield, and got me a new plate.

loggyboy - 6/9/13 at 09:58 AM

IIRC when cloudy tried to register the Warner R4 as new, he was refused as he only had a combined recon engine/gearbox, so ended up with a Q.

You will need to be 'clever' in how your show your receipts etc

[Edited on 6-9-13 by loggyboy]

Sloan85 - 6/9/13 at 10:06 AM

I don't have a reverse gearbox, only an electric reverse. Any other suggestions??

Cheers

doobrychat - 6/9/13 at 07:14 PM

My reverse is also electric.. how i worded it as a gearbox on the form assisted my new plate.. DVLA don't do a vosa style inspection when they inspect for your registration.. they just check the chassis number and general glance over it.. they'll never see your reverse gearbox that's powered by electricity..