Board logo

GTS Tuning advertising
oudakontrol - 4/1/08 at 07:19 AM

I received an email from this company stating they have some new products and they can be purchased for
"immediate delivery" has the business been taken over by someone else ??

flak monkey - 4/1/08 at 08:03 AM

LMAO

As usual there is some element of stirring, but I think Darren is fully set up in his new workshop now and properly up and running. Hopefully delivery times are going to improve with the move. Really GTS need to employ a receptionist or something to deal with customer enquiries. However this all increases overhead, and then has a knock on effect on prices.

You have previously said you have not been able to get in touch with Darren. Why not try phoning his mobile, its on his website. Make sure your number is not withheld (this also includes calling from a number behind an internal exchange (eg at work) and if you dont suceed first time, try again. I usually find early afternoon is a good time. He is difficult to get hold of at times, simply because he is busy, but you need to persevere as you will get hold of him eventually.

David

bonzoronnie - 4/1/08 at 09:44 AM

Call me old fasioned if you like

When I call a buisness during buisness hours to order goods or to make a general enquiry. I expect the phone to be answered.

If you cant get this aspect of your buisness right, what hope is there for the rest of your opps !!??

Has GTS got a landline yet ??, probably not !!

Ronnie

daviep - 4/1/08 at 10:23 AM

Boring

blueshift - 4/1/08 at 10:24 AM

Another day, another GTS contact thread.

hey ho.

flak monkey - 4/1/08 at 10:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bonzoronnie

When I call a buisness during buisness hours to order goods or to make a general enquiry. I expect the phone to be answered.

If you had been down to the workshop, you would know the phone barely stops ringing all day. If GTS answered every call they wouldnt make anything, simple as that. Employ more people is the obvious solution, do that and your overheads go up.

Swings and round-a-bouts.

Weird I still dont have trouble getting hold of Darren, and never have.

I agree the constant GTS threads are boring and annoying. But people obviously cant be bothered to search, because if the did they wouldnt need to keep posting the same things over and over again.

thunderace - 4/1/08 at 10:43 AM

ARE YOU JOKING overheads go up

SO YOU NEED TO EMPLOY LESS PEOPLE
I HAVE NEVER HEARD SO MUCH BS IN MY LIFE
I NEED TO TELL MY STAFF THAT ONE.

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
quote:
Originally posted by bonzoronnie

If you had been down to the workshop, you would know the phone barely stops ringing all day. If GTS answered every call they wouldnt make anything, simple as that. Employ more people is the obvious solution, do that and your overheads go up.

Swings and round-a-bouts.

Weird I still dont have trouble getting hold of Darren, and never have.

I agree the constant GTS threads are boring and annoying. But people obviously cant be bothered to search, because if the did they wouldnt need to keep posting the same things over and over again.

worX - 4/1/08 at 10:55 AM

It seems strange to me that the OP would be on here for 2 months and make 5 posts all of which solely consist of GTS bashing/lack of contact.

If you have a problem with GTS then don't buy from them. I do not need to buy anything he is selling at the moment, but if I did, I would make a rational decision based on quality of product/price/possible delay, and then go ahead or most probably not.

Steve

flak monkey - 4/1/08 at 01:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thunderace
ARE YOU JOKING overheads go up

SO YOU NEED TO EMPLOY LESS PEOPLE
I HAVE NEVER HEARD SO MUCH BS IN MY LIFE
I NEED TO TELL MY STAFF THAT ONE.

STOP SHOUTING F&*KWIT!

You are so full of shite its unreal.

If you employ a person who does not directly produce anything in a company, i.e. works in an office, or just answers the phone, then your business overheads must go up as you have to then pay that persons wages, but they are not directly producing anything for the business (which is what generates the money for the business), therefore they are indirect labour. Any increase in indirect labour automatically increases your businesses overheads and therefore decreases profits.

Basic business. I pity anyone who works for you, especially if you dont understand something as basic as that.

[Edited on 4/1/08 by flak monkey]

alfasudsprint - 4/1/08 at 01:28 PM

No need to shout thunderace, but I agree! The bigger the opeartion, the smaller the overheads become as a percentage of turnover. basic stuff. Economies of scale also.
I still read these posts for a laugh.
cheers everyone
Tim

flak monkey - 4/1/08 at 01:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alfasudsprint
No need to shout thunderace, but I agree! The bigger the opeartion, the smaller the overheads become as a percentage of turnover. basic stuff. Economies of scale also.
I still read these posts for a laugh.
cheers everyone
Tim

Depends on the ratio of direct to indirect labour everything else being equal. Everyone currently working for GTS is direct labour, so produce product which can be sold and therefore covers their own wages. Employ a secretary then you have someone who is indirect labour, so everyone else is paying their wages but the company is not producing any more saleable product. Therefore income is the same, but outgoings have increased.

Entirely different situation if you employ direct labour, but only if you have the demand to efficiently use that increase in capacity.

David

[Edited on 4/1/08 by flak monkey]

andyps - 4/1/08 at 01:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkeyIf you employ a person who does not directly produce anything in a company, i.e. works in an office, or just answers the phone, then your business overheads must go up as you have to then pay that persons wages, but they are not directly producing anything for the business (which is what generates the money for the business), therefore they are indirect labour. Any increase in indirect labour automatically increases your businesses overheads and therefore decreases profits.

Basic business.

That is one way of looking at basic business, but is a pretty good way to stand still, and most people realise that to stand still in business is to go backwards.

The reality is that if you have a phone which is ringing constantly to the extent that if you spent all your time answering it you would never get anything done you NEED to employ someone to answer that call, especially when a large number of people complain about poor service and never managing to get through on the phone (even if some people do manage to get through every time). The person answering the phone is then taking pressure off the person who is making things, enabling them to get on with the job they are supposed to be doing without distractions, therefore being more efficient. Meanwhile, the customer gets their call answered, the goods get produced and shipped out on time and the reputation of the business is good. People tell others it is good, further enquiries come in and at some stage the decision has to be made about increasing the workforce, and telephone answering workers, numbers to cope with the increasing demand.

That is good basic business. Alternative are not business.

flak monkey - 4/1/08 at 01:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andyps
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkeyIf you employ a person who does not directly produce anything in a company, i.e. works in an office, or just answers the phone, then your business overheads must go up as you have to then pay that persons wages, but they are not directly producing anything for the business (which is what generates the money for the business), therefore they are indirect labour. Any increase in indirect labour automatically increases your businesses overheads and therefore decreases profits.

Basic business.

That is one way of looking at basic business, but is a pretty good way to stand still, and most people realise that to stand still in business is to go backwards.

The reality is that if you have a phone which is ringing constantly to the extent that if you spent all your time answering it you would never get anything done you NEED to employ someone to answer that call, especially when a large number of people complain about poor service and never managing to get through on the phone (even if some people do manage to get through every time). The person answering the phone is then taking pressure off the person who is making things, enabling them to get on with the job they are supposed to be doing without distractions, therefore being more efficient. Meanwhile, the customer gets their call answered, the goods get produced and shipped out on time and the reputation of the business is good. People tell others it is good, further enquiries come in and at some stage the decision has to be made about increasing the workforce, and telephone answering workers, numbers to cope with the increasing demand.

That is good basic business. Alternative are not business.

Agreed

davidosullivan - 4/1/08 at 01:50 PM

Just Skype'd darren, (who was away - as you'd expect) he got back to me in about 30 mins) and we had a chat about shocks. He was very helpful and gave me some very useful info. I've dealt with him in the past (unsuccessfuly) but am giving him another go (another year and all that).

So far, 10/10.

Interestingly, I've not heard back from my email to MK or Protech about shocks (2 days). So in this case Darren is winning.

I dont want to fuel the argument but as people have said before, people make mistakes/ are busy its not easy. but the bottom line is... if you don't like it go somewhere else.

Good luck to Darren and to everyone trying to fulfil their own dreams.

David

zoom - 4/1/08 at 02:04 PM

Don't stop now as i've just got the popcorn.

bonzoronnie - 4/1/08 at 03:18 PM

It's nice to know a few people have grasp on basic buisness econimics & buisness strategy

I agree with most of what has been said.

You simply cannot expect to run a medium sized buisness with no admin staff

I agree with the comments about Protech.
Very poor customer service.
2 weeks to answer a price query.

Dampertech however 24 hrs from enquiry to delivery. Great service

Ronnie

scotty g - 4/1/08 at 04:09 PM

Quite right, you cannot run a medium sized bussiness without admin staff however Darren is not running a medium sized bussiness but a small one with himself and only 2 employees.
I have been in that position and the decision on whether to take on a secretary/receptionist, call it what you will, is a very difficult one to make. I ws lucky in that i had a girlfriend that only worked part time so she would answer the phones and take messages when i was out working but Darren might not have that option.
Cheers.

designer - 20/1/08 at 03:31 PM

It seems obvious that if he employed someone to answered the phone, sales will rise and more profit made.

I did, and now I'm sat back having a great life!!!

tks - 8/5/08 at 11:00 PM

i wish my phone rang all day about orders and deliveries and payments...

that would be nice!! its the sign of a working buisness...

not answering suchs calls is the same as killing your own buisness.....

now a days you must be stupid to order from them knowing that you might not get it on time....

who wants to wait allot of time on parts???

i dont..

Jon Ison - 9/5/08 at 05:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey[

If you had been down to the workshop, you would know the phone barely stops ringing all day. If GTS answered every call they wouldnt make anything, simple as that.

I know its an old thread but it seems to have reared its head again, the above is a recipe for failure, end of.
You really telling me a business that I guess relies on what ? Conservatively 50% of business via phone chooses to ignore it and let it ring out ? Wouldn't last long with Alan sugar that idea ?

Darren, if your reading this your number one priority Is customer service/satisfaction, you will never please all the people all the time but It might be a good idea to please a few now and again.

DarrenW - 9/5/08 at 11:22 AM

The phone may ring all day but how many of the calls are different people?

Jon Ison - 9/5/08 at 12:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
The phone may ring all day but how many of the calls are different people?

Come on Darren, I know what you do for a living, would you ignore the phone ?

I'm talking any business here not aimed specifically at the thread title.

DarrenW - 9/5/08 at 03:44 PM

You are right Jon, 100% no question. You never ignore the chance to make some money and enhance customer service.

My comment was a bit tongue in cheek. Maybe its the same person that is desperate to get in touch so keeps redialling!

jay taylor - 22/6/08 at 08:05 PM

receptionist equals more orders, inquiries and complaints sorted out which increases money income dont see why this would be a problem

slimtater - 2/7/08 at 09:15 PM

Have GTS gone out of business? I ordered some bits and haven't had them, a refund or any reply from "Darren". The website address no longer works either.

scotty g - 3/7/08 at 07:02 AM

I would say the fact that the website is down might be a bad sign as GTS is pretty much an internet based company, having said that he has had the site go down before so don't start to panic just yet.

designer - 3/7/08 at 02:05 PM

It is obvious that Flak Monkey has read all the books. The reality in business will follow.

Employing someone to answer the phone is a lot cheaper than paying a skilled man to do it.

Like most Small firms, it is obvious that GTS need a need a receptionist.

flak monkey - 3/7/08 at 04:27 PM

quote:
It is obvious that Flak Monkey has read all the books. The reality in business will follow.

Employing someone to answer the phone is a lot cheaper than paying a skilled man to do it.

Like most Small firms, it is obvious that GTS need a need a receptionist.

You are almost as bad as thunderbutt. I have 2 words for you, neither polite, but I shall refrain from saying what I want to as I will get in trouble for saying what I think.

I simply cant be bothered anymore with quite a lot of the stupidity, snide/sarcastic comments and general bitchyness on here, either towards individuals/companies trying to make a decent living or between users. Hence the reason why I no longer post on here very often.

I like to think that I have helped out a few people in the past (?), but offers of help will now only flow towards certain people. Yes its a bad attitude, but I am sick of it.

As an aside the GTS site has been down before. Dont panic yet.

David

matt.c - 3/7/08 at 07:33 PM

quote:

I like to think that I have helped out a few people in the past (?), but offers of help will now only flow towards certain people. Yes its a bad attitude, but I am sick of it.

Dam right you have helped us all out! If it wasnt for you my build would have prob gone up in smoke!!

Im now getting fed up of people havin a go at flak. He doesn't post much now because of hassle. I know there are many more people that think the same..

Well thats my two pence worth and i dont give a monkeys if anyone wants to have a go at me.

scotty g - 3/7/08 at 07:38 PM

I have always found Flac a friendly and extremely helpful individual. I find it sad that certain people feel the need to have a dig at him. For some reason he has had far more than his fair share of grief and all for no apparent reason that I can see or understand!
Quite sad really.

omega 24 v6 - 3/7/08 at 09:18 PM

Why do people feel the need to have a go at Flak?????
He's a satisfied customer who is entitled to his opinion as the rest of us are.
We are all able to read the posts and decide where to spend our hard earned cash.
It does not have to descend into a slagging match each time a gts thread comes up.

sorry designer but a comment such as you've made here

quote:

It is obvious that Flak Monkey has read all the books

It makes you look an insensitive tit.

designer - 4/7/08 at 07:18 AM

Funny how people only believe in free speech when it agrees with them.

flak monkey - 4/7/08 at 07:51 AM

Nope, quite willing to back down if proved wrong, and have done before on several occasions. I'm just sick of the snide comments aimed, not just at myself, but at other users too.

When I joined 4.5yrs ago this was a much nicer place to be. In that time several people have left the site because of the ignorance and twatishness of certain other users, many of these people who have left have been valued members of the community, driven away by the ignorance and stupidity of others.

I also get fed up with some of the really quite stupid 'engineering' based comments made by some users on a regular basis who blatently dont have a bloody clue what they are going on about and are probably just posting because they have sod all else to do.

I recently started coming on here more regularly again to see if things had improved, looks like they havent. Like most on here I ask for nothing in return for helping people out, infact I am only too happy to do so, but this is now limited to a certain few members. I think some forget the wealth of knowledge available to them on this site from a core of users who have been there and done it.

Macbeast - 4/7/08 at 08:09 AM

To make rude or offensive comments is an abuse of free speech.

You say "A" I say "B" We agree to differ or one persuades the other - that's ok. But to insult me on the basis that you dont agree with "B" is not free speech, it's just childish.

(in my opinion )

scotty g - 4/7/08 at 03:12 PM

Well stuff the lot of you, you're all wrong because any old fool can tell that it is in fact C.......so there!
Come on everybody, group hug?

JohanP - 4/7/08 at 06:38 PM

At least this link to the webshop works:

http://www.ekmpowershop9.com/ekmps/shops/gtstuning

//Johan

slimtater - 4/7/08 at 08:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JohanP
At least this link to the webshop works:

http://www.ekmpowershop9.com/ekmps/shops/gtstuning

//Johan

Good to see the website working, but should that reassure me when I haven't received goods, refund or even a response to my emails etc? Why should it have to resort to either Trading Standards/Consumer Direct or legal action?

flak monkey - 4/7/08 at 09:31 PM

You'll get your stuff. How long have you been waiting? Its not unusual to wait 28 days for some bits.

I cant be bothered to type out the advice given so many times, have a look back through old posts. Call his mobile, might take a few attempts, but you'll get through eventually. Make sure your numbers not withheld either.

David

slimtater - 4/7/08 at 09:42 PM

quote:
You'll get your stuff. How long have you been waiting? Its not unusual to wait 28 days for some bits.

I cant be bothered to type out the advice given so many times, have a look back through old posts. Call his mobile, might take a few attempts, but you'll get through eventually. Make sure your numbers not withheld either.

David

Thanks for the pointers - needless to say it is somewhat longer than 28 days and it it also 2 weeks since I have even managed to get any reply. I wouldn't have thought stone guards and a steering boss would have presented too much of a challange to them? I have read back through the posts and even though there are comments for and against GTS, it doesn't make pleasant reading on a public forum regarding a company/individual.

oudakontrol - 13/7/08 at 09:52 AM

Shiza....I hope the business is still running. There is 3500 worth of parts I ordered last september I am still waiting for. Someone spoke about the 28 day wait I am past the 28 week waiting. Anyway there is a good legal system in the UK so it's up to them, and it looks good so far, especially when you have in writing "the parts will be there in 7 - 10 days"even when they are not !!

Cheers and happy driving...

phongshader - 29/7/08 at 09:20 PM

Ok I have to jump in here...you probably won't get your stuff if you're far enough away...I've never recieved my order even after repeated emails to Darren. After several months I talked to Ebay when I found him advertising there again under a new user account. He finally returned my emails and promised to sort the order out, but only under the threat of being kicked off Ebay again, but ebay wouldn't pursue him because more than 60 days lapsed since the transaction and lo and behold Darren diappeared again and I haven't heard from him in the last 4 months...I wouldn't count on getting what you ordered unless you can light a real fire under his a$$. It's been over a year now...still think I'm getting what I ordered? If you have his ear or some secret advice, be civil , you can always pm me.

quote:

David

[Edited on 29/7/08 by phongshader]