Board logo

Alternator Connector
Jos Fury - 19/1/09 at 10:32 AM

I am looking for the (original) connector to my alternator. Is is a nippon denso unit. Unfortunately I have no serial or part number. Have tried several suppliers but no results so far.

Cheers
Jos

nick205 - 19/1/09 at 10:42 AM

Presume you've tried Premier Wiring and Vehicle Wiring Products?

Failing that it might be worth a poke around a breakers yard to see if you can cut a section out of a tin top loom...?

That's what I did for most of the OE plugs in my loom.

Mr Whippy - 19/1/09 at 10:54 AM

tbh what you have done is what I usually do as original connectors often become lose fitting and start over heating. Personally I'd leave it as is as I think its better and they only fit the connector in the factory for production speed rather than it being a better in practice.

[Edited on 19/1/09 by Mr Whippy]

Jos Fury - 20/1/09 at 09:31 AM

Will try another scrappy than. ( Tried 2 of them already )
Thanks for you advice too Mr.Whippy. Always thougt the OEM connectors where a better fit. I am a bit afraid one of my connections will loosen and shortcircuit things ...

cliftyhanger - 24/1/09 at 07:29 AM

http://www.simtekuk.co.uk/www.simtekuk.co.uk/info.php?p=1&pno=0

I have the same alternator (still sat in the garage) and found the simtekuk site a while ago, but hanve never got round to contacting them to check sizes...

Jos Fury - 24/1/09 at 11:32 AM

thank you for the link cliftyhanger. have added it to my favorites !
will receive the oem connector next week through a friend of mine who works for a toyota dealer nearby.