Board logo

Fury Rear Lights
Rosco - 4/2/12 at 03:56 PM

I've bought the Hella mix 'n' match LED lights for my Fury. I think they look really smart but looking at the shape and angle of the rear panel means that the lights will be pointing slightly inwards (maybe 5 degrees) and slightly down (maybe 10 degrees) - assuming I flush mount them.

I guess this wouldn't matter with traditional bulbs but it's not ideal with more-directional LEDs especialy on such a low car. I don't want anyone in a high vehicle like a 4x4 or truck ploughing into the back of me becasue that can't see my lights.

Should I be worried?

Any smart ideas of how to mount them square that will give me a smart-looking finish.

Many thanks

welderman - 4/2/12 at 04:52 PM

I pulled mine out slightly so they were level

MK9R - 4/2/12 at 06:28 PM

I cut a hole out of the tub and mounted them on the chassis. Pictures on my website below

stevebubs - 4/2/12 at 06:43 PM

I know of at least one builder that basically used a dog bowl, I think, to mould areas for the rear lights - cut holes, inserted bowl into rear shell then glassed over the back. Remove bowl and you have a nice flat area to mount them...

Think he painted his body, though - so probably not so good if you are going for the gelcoat finish.

S

MK9R - 4/2/12 at 06:46 PM

Lol, I have dog bowls as mounts for my front lights

stevebubs - 5/2/12 at 01:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MK9R
Lol, I have dog bowls as mounts for my front lights

He He - wasn't you.

Just did a google and couldn't find the build diary I was thinking of.

Did find this one, though

http://mangofury.webhop.net/build/build.php?page=body2