Board logo

a few more wiring questions
daniel mason - 18/4/11 at 06:01 PM

am trying to wire the car at the moment and its quite a challenge,so have a few questions;
1;does anyone have the pinouts for savage switches?
2;how do i wire relays in before the indicator and light switch stalks as the s2000 stalks cant switch the 12v loads?
3;do i just connect up the dash tell tale warnings to the 12v outputs of each item eg the terminal which feeds the indicator,or light?
4;is there a diagram for adding in a fan override switch?
5;and do i need to wire in the brake fluid level wiring or can the brake warning be done via the handbrake? cheers all

Rosco - 18/4/11 at 08:41 PM

You've not got other answers so I'll have a go. It sounds like S2000 wiring is a bit unusual and I've no experience of this, but I'll take an educated guess.

1 - no idea

2 - Are you sure S2000 stalks don't take 12V. If not 12V then what - maybe they're tied into a solid state device? Note that swtich rating is more about current than voltage (at these sorts of voltages anyway) so they may well be up to drive a small 12V relay. If not then try a smaller lower voltage relay or some sort of solidy state switch. The guys a Maplins are a good place for advice.

3 - That would normally work. If you're using S2000 instruments and warning lights, and you're right about the stalks using a differnet voltage, you might want to check the warning lights.

4 - You just need a parallel feed to the relay coil - possibly with a diode to prevent a back feed.

5 - As I understand IVA regs you need to wire in the brake fluid - the hand brake switch is a way to test the circuit, which is also an IVA requirement.

In terms of S2000 instruments, try your Honda garage. I had a friend who worked for Honda a few years back, and the technical information these guys had from Honda was fantastic - don't think Haynes manual - this was more design type data.

daniel mason - 18/4/11 at 09:21 PM

thanks mate. very helpful!