Board logo

first drive for 2010
Stuart_B - 30/1/10 at 03:52 PM

i went out for a drive today in the indy for the first time this year, and wow i have missed it.

i am smiling even through i am frozen.lol

i think i will stop chassing the engine swap for this summer and try and use it as much a possible.

so any one else been out today?

stuart

wilkingj - 30/1/10 at 04:18 PM

Yes I went to Tesco's in the Volvo shopping with the wife!

I cant take the Viento out as there has been a thin carpet of snow in Cambridge, and the roads are nasty in places with patchy ice where it hasnt had the sun on it (was very thin compacted snow).
Nice day for it, but just not worth the risk..

Damn you ! But hope you had a good time, I'm envious

Stuart_B - 30/1/10 at 05:26 PM

we had snow here as well, but the sun was up, so i went out for a blat.

stuart

asn163 - 30/1/10 at 05:28 PM

Yes been out for a quick blat, 1st time in about 3 months that the roads have been dry enough.

Roll on more dry days.

Simon

Nash - 30/1/10 at 05:30 PM

I've been trying to set the Indy up so as to give me some self centering steering. This did mean several trips up the road (Private) to "test" the results of the adjustments.

We also had a flurry of the white stuff but it's been a lovely sunny "crisp" day and a longer blat would have been great I think.

...Neil

mac1ZR - 30/1/10 at 05:40 PM

Yes quick trip "round the block" at about 4.00pm. Didnt have any choice really, rolled the car out onto the drive this morning so that my son could change the oil on his tintop. The drive is on a slight slope, so when it was time to put it away, no one there to help push it into the garage, so had to go round the block(about 10miles) to put it back, it would have been rude not to!

MautoK - 30/1/10 at 06:00 PM

I took a swift trip round the block yesterday. Nice to get out after not using the MK for a couple of months, but it was a bit chilly.
Maybe next week will take a run over Exmoor and take some pics.
John.

GeorgeM - 30/1/10 at 06:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart_B
i went out for a drive today in the indy for the first time this year, and wow i have missed it.

i am smiling even through i am frozen.lol

i think i will stop chassing the engine swap for this summer and try and use it as much a possible.

so any one else been out today?

stuart

Hi Stuart,

did a few miles this afternoon, first run this year too

If you fancy a run tomorrow there is a meet at The Checkers again......nice breakfast !

George

Stuart_B - 30/1/10 at 06:21 PM

hi george, i throught the meet got put back to last weekend??

stuart

GeorgeM - 30/1/10 at 10:15 PM

It did, but there is another tomorrow.
Brekkie at The Checkers 10-10.30 ish, then on to hoodies meet at The Tulip at 12
(some just can't do without a pint or two)

GeorgeM

corrado vr6 - 30/1/10 at 10:46 PM

Hi Stuart, good to hear your still enjoying the Indy, Hoping to have mine finished for March ish time so we will have to meet up, if we are blessed with some sunshine this year that is!!

mediabloke - 30/1/10 at 11:01 PM

Not today (too much salt), but I waited for a gap to go for a test drive yesterday, and so picked my daughter up from school on the way home. Jolly cold, but it was worth it just for the gobsmacked look on her school-mates faces as they walked out!

Should keep her in street-cred for a few weeks, as a hard-core car nut...!

[Edited on 30/1/10 by mediabloke]

Stuart_B - 31/1/10 at 03:27 PM

i was going to go out again today, but i god stuck in to the jetski and that has taken my whole day up, so maybe next weekend.

hi Greg, hope to meet with you and dave agian, maybe a kit car show.

stuart

Vindi_andy - 1/2/10 at 12:19 PM

Just a couple of quick trips into town to pick daughters up from dance school on saturday

Got loads of stares

karlak - 1/2/10 at 12:24 PM

Quick 30 mile blat for me on Saturday - My Fingers have just about de-frosted today. Great responses from other road users