Board logo

Police presence....
Peteff - 1/4/10 at 11:34 PM

We've got a police paddy wagon outside the house blocking the road and a helicopter hovering overhead, just been out for a look and there's another road block further up the road and a couple of cars with the boot lids open. People are hanging out of windows in pyjamas and wandering out in dressing gowns, it's like Mardi Gras here

graememk - 1/4/10 at 11:50 PM

twoc'ers

TigerB6 Paul - 1/4/10 at 11:57 PM

cool - probably some old granny who sold a goldfish to a 15 year old!!!

link

RichieHall - 2/4/10 at 12:35 AM

Ohh, sounds like armed response vehicles, either that or they're sharing out the doughnuts?

Canada EH! - 2/4/10 at 01:06 AM

As a retired police officer, if you have that big a presence, close and lock the windows and put out the lights, and wait till it's over.

Rek - 2/4/10 at 07:26 AM

Youve not put any signs up anywhere have you?

BBC Linky

LBMEFM - 2/4/10 at 07:44 AM

Great, if it was not so far I would come and watch-better than telly.

Daddylonglegs - 2/4/10 at 08:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Canada EH!
As a retired police officer, if you have that big a presence, close and lock the windows and put out the lights, and wait till it's over.

What, and miss the fun?

mangogrooveworkshop - 2/4/10 at 08:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
We've got a police paddy wagon outside the house blocking the road and a helicopter hovering overhead, just been out for a look and there's another road block further up the road and a couple of cars with the boot lids open. People are hanging out of windows in pyjamas and wandering out in dressing gowns, it's like Mardi Gras here

Face book them and ask what the fook is going down and when will it appear on tv http://www.facebook.com/derbyshireconstabulary notice how many friends they have (333) Thought they would be real cool

Peteff - 2/4/10 at 08:57 AM

I'll have to go round to the greengrocers to find out what went off, they were there till 0200 then I fell asleep. The helicopter was fun, right over the house and we couldn't hear the telly We went outside the back door and there were flashlights shining everywhere so we went back in and nebbied through the front.

blakep82 - 2/4/10 at 11:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
I'll have to go round to the greengrocers to find out what went off, they were there till 0200 then I fell asleep. The helicopter was fun, right over the house and we couldn't hear the telly We went outside the back door and there were flashlights shining everywhere so we went back in and nebbied through the front.

while you were out the back, the killer didn't sneak in your back door did he? he's not hiding in your kitchen cupboards is he?

Peteff - 2/4/10 at 12:06 PM

If he snook in while we weren't looking he's doing a good job of hiding It was a stabbing, a 21 year old was jumped by someone in a car apparently and he's now in hospital
BBC news.

blakep82 - 2/4/10 at 12:20 PM

ooh lovely...