Board logo

Twin webers DCOE40s
Cozza - 3/10/10 at 08:05 PM

Hi folks,
Trying to figure out what I'm doing with my redtop installation. Would twin Weber DCOE40s be any good for me?
Cheers!

tomgregory2000 - 3/10/10 at 08:09 PM

would be better with 45's

but would be BEST with an injection setup

snapper - 3/10/10 at 08:10 PM

Red Top ..... 45's
Or you will seriously restrict the BHP

snapper - 3/10/10 at 08:10 PM

Red Top ..... 45's
Or you will seriously restrict the BHP

Cozza - 3/10/10 at 08:17 PM

I didn't think there would be enough room for an injection set-up under the bonnet of a Locost??

cadebytiger - 3/10/10 at 08:22 PM

It would have to be a throttle body setup like jenvey

http://www.jenvey.co.uk/

Or you could use bike throttle bodies

There is loads of experience of injection setups on here.

snapper - 3/10/10 at 08:27 PM

Webers on a manifold are quite long so an EFI setup would fit, it's just a case of Locost ingenuity

interestedparty - 3/10/10 at 08:32 PM

Well worth looking into a set of bike throttle bodies with maybe Megasquirt 'cos you are going to have to do something about the sparks anyway. Unless you come across a good set of Webers cheap you will probably end up paying less in total with the injection, especially as you will need to get the Webers jetted, probably on a rolling road, so figure another £150 minimum just for that.

[Edited on 3/10/10 by interestedparty]

MikeR - 3/10/10 at 08:39 PM

i'm thinking of making a cheap inlet manifold a bit like the griffen inlet manifold. If you are in no rush once i'd made one for zetec and crossflow i was going to look at red tops. May be ideal for what you want.

SALAD - 4/10/10 at 02:39 PM

I'm putting twin 40's on my Red Top. If you have already got them or can get a decent set cheap then I'd say go for it.
You will probably loose out top end compared to 45's but I'm not worried about that personally at the moment.

I suppose it depends on how much you want to spend and what you want from the car/engine.....and how tuned it will be.

As said there are a number of options to choose from