Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mmmm new bits
blueshift

posted on 25/9/04 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
Mmmm new bits

Took delivery last night of most of our GTS order, including +4" dedion kit, shocks, brackets, bushes, balljoints and so forth. None of it on the car or photographed yet, but any questions, I can speak with a little more knowledge than "it's supposed to be good" now
MikeRJ

posted on 25/9/04 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
Good timing! I tried to place my order yesterday but not been able to get anyone on the phone so emailed Daren instead.

I have slight concern which you can hopefully put to rest. With the axle brackets moved out by 2", is there still going to be plenty of clearance between the trailing arms and the inside wheel rim without having to use wheel spacers?

blueshift

posted on 27/9/04 at 12:33 AM Reply With Quote
Good question. I don't know, and we're a way off fitting that stuff together yet. got to repaint the hubs still. I can give you some critical dimensions though and you can work it out from your hubs and wheels.

Actually I'll run down the garage now and check..

*runs*

70mm from the outside of the bracket to the hub carrier mounting flange, and the brackets are 50mm wide. does that help?

MikeRJ

posted on 27/9/04 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks very much for checking, I will check my wheel offsets tonight if possible (flying out to Austria to get married this week, both of us currently in headless chicken mode!).

Darren got back to me and said his own kits have more than 2" clearance so should be no problems!

MikeRJ

posted on 27/9/04 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
Right, just checked the bearing carrier and drive flange assembly. It's approximately 76mm between the carrier mounting face and the drive flange face. Add on the 70mm from bracket to bearing carrier face = 146mm.
code:

Rim width Maximum offset(nearest mm)
6" 70mm
7" 57mm
8" 44mm

This doesn't take into account how far the tyre bulges over the rim, but it's also not including the fact that the trailing arms themselves are narrower than the brackets, so it looks like we have no worries at all in this respect.

blueshift

posted on 28/9/04 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
Nice work that man

you got me thinking and I had a teeny bit of worry. hurrah, gone.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.