Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Back on the road...hopefully
flak monkey

posted on 7/8/07 at 06:47 AM Reply With Quote
Back on the road...hopefully

Firstly an apology for not making the p'boro meet last night. But I was still in the garage at 9pm fixing the car....

The cylinder head has been swapped for the new unleaded one which has had a lot more porting work done, along with an FR33 cam kit installed. Took all day to install new cam kit into the new head and then swap the heads over. Not helped by the fact I snapped my cambelt at 7:30pm last night... but I think I got away with it, and it seems to be running ok, fingers crossed.

Going for a short run today to bed the new cam in hopefully.

Anyone want a mildy ported 2 litre pinto cylinder head?

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Macbeast

posted on 7/8/07 at 06:57 AM Reply With Quote
Did you find out why the cam lobe had deteriorated so rapidly ? Only thing left seemed to be valve spring.
matt.c

posted on 7/8/07 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Thank god its back on the road!! I need my taxi back!

flak monkey

posted on 8/8/07 at 06:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Macbeast
Did you find out why the cam lobe had deteriorated so rapidly ? Only thing left seemed to be valve spring.

Nope, not really investigated yet. Taking the cam and rocker to work to hardness test next week. Then I will strip the head down. will probabky keep it as a spare for a little while.

Dome 120 miles yesterday on the new cam, seems good to me. Carbs defo need setting up though!

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Peteff

posted on 11/8/07 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Did you find out why the cam lobe had deteriorated so rapidly ?

It's always the oil supply on Pinto engines that causes cams to wear. The cam lobe is only surface hardened and testing it once it's worn off is a bit pointless. The one I took out of my engine was worn circular on 3 & 4 cylinders but the engine still ran in the donor.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

MikeRJ

posted on 16/8/07 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
One thing that will wipe out a pinto cam in virtualy a few miles is if the valve height is incorrect, which causes the cam lobe to run off the end of the pad on the rocker arm.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.