Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Demist?
David Jenkins

posted on 3/12/09 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
You could get your self a wiping pad and just wipe it clear when you get in and when it needs it but its dangerous, do you really want to risk your life?

Just how effective do you think that a warm air blowing out of a couple of slots is going to be when driving along at 50mph, with no roof or side screens? I seriously doubt whether any warm air will ever reach the screen, even at 30mph!

rusty nuts

posted on 3/12/09 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Rain X might keep the mist off? Might be worth a try.
MautoK

posted on 3/12/09 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
Can't see the need for demist in an open car - the air 'outside' is basically the same as the air 'inside'.
In a closed car or convertible with hood & sidescreens in place, the conditions differ on each side of the screen and it is the difference that can lead to misting - such as cold outside -> cold glass; breath/humid air inside leads to condensation.
Just my 2p.
I have a flyscreen on my MK but haven't yet been out in really cold weather...
I've run convertibles in the past (MG Midget and Dellow Mk VI) and don't recall misting with the hood down, whereas the Midget with hood up was susceptible to misting up.
John.

He's whittling on a piece of wood. I got a feeling that when he stops whittling, something's gonna happen. (OUATITW/Cheyenne)

morcus

posted on 4/12/09 at 03:22 AM Reply With Quote
I was assuming you'd be using a roof aswell.
David Jenkins

posted on 4/12/09 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe, in the dim and distant future, I might fit a 'Flintstones' hood. Until then, if it rains I'll just get out and put a cover on the car... Yes - I am that fair weather driver!

I don't plan to fit a proper hood - last time I tried to get in a seven-style car with a hood on I nearly gave myself a hernia - and and I've passed a lot of water under the bridge since that time!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.