Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Will my ZX12 indy beat my mates Impreza P1 to 60?
franky

posted on 1/4/10 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
There was a thread somewhere about seVens 1/4 mile times, BEC against CEC, to sum it up you need about 220bhp car engine to match a BEC over 1/4 mile. so if you add in the weight of a P1 you'd need about 450bhp to match the 7 over 1/4 mile with equal power to weight. Although i'm sure at a certain power weight will help!?

Its a bit like people with a BEC or CEC saying that their car was quicker than a 600cc bike.... Basically that's rubbish unless the person on the bike wasn't trying or didn't know what they were doing. A load of owner skill comes into the question.

imp paul

posted on 2/4/10 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
if your mate wants to win he will need to trade the scooby in for a evo9 rs with lots of mods but i feel you will beat him and i hope you do good luck and let us all see and can we have a video of your mate losing and if you need more power just turbo the 12 lol

[Edited on 2/4/10 by imp paul]

Brommers

posted on 2/4/10 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank
So, I;ve never been in a BEC 7 in good conditions and just find it hard to get my head round the fact that mine could be the best part of a second quicker to 60?!?!?

Yes, it will, with decent tyres and a good launch. P1 does 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, a ZX12R BEC should do it in low 4s, more likely high 3s. My wee ZX9R powered Striker does a quarter mile (on an airfield surface) in 12.4 seconds. The P1 takes 13.3.

eccsmk

posted on 6/4/10 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
my brother has just got an 03 wrx impreza
and i beat him twice
and then he decided we needed to see who could do the highest top speed
i didnt win that one

the impreza is standard by the way
EDIT !!..
this was not on the road this was on an airfield

[Edited on 7/4/10 by eccsmk]

iank

posted on 6/4/10 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eccsmk
my brother has just got an 03 wrx impreza
and i beat him twice
and then he decided we needed to see who could do the highest top speed
i didnt win that one

the impreza is standard by the way

On the road if staying somewhat legal acceleration/handling beat's top speed 100 times out of 100. On the track it depends on the number of long straights, and drops down to probably only 80 times out of 100.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Toltec

posted on 6/4/10 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
I'll not be happy if, once I've built it, the R1ot is not faster accelerating than my Impreza below 80mph and maybe more.
HOL

posted on 9/4/10 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
I have had impreza's for over ten years (TypeR's, Twin Scrolls), including some hot ones and have driven them hard on both road and track.

They are not the best handling cars, but are fairly 'consistent 'with grip in all conditions (Dry/Damp/Wet/Monsoon).

IMHO
From a standing start a standard P1 will have the advantage unless you can control the rear wheel spin/traction. (This obviously depends on the surface conditions).

Once moving a ZX12 should have a better Pwr/weight ratio at the wheels and should easily pull away. But at some time the P1 will continue accellerating past 120mph.

[Lots of people are confused at what the P1 is under the skin. They have the same engine and drivetrain as the 4 door STI, but better knock sensitivity. As standard they only have 250ibs of torque.
- I have seen the ECU map data]

Super Six Sold -
Proton AWD Turbo Hatch Track Car.

:{THC}:YosamiteSam

posted on 13/4/10 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
so are you gonna race for pinks then??

i reckon the bec should get him as long as you dont spin up - just get it slightly rolling then floor it.. i try not to get involved with this kinda stuff - just shaggs the car..

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.