quote:
Originally posted by femster87
quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jossey
Femster.... Tesco's in scunny was empty of diesel at 9pm last night also didn't help with the m180 being closed n me being stuck on it for 4 hours

Lool, I was in the same traffic for 4 hrs as well. I was not a very happy boy

You two need to see the light and move away from Scunny.

What and live in Hull? Could not think of anything worse

Dont let the "The view of the Humber Bridge" fool you.

perksy

posted on 29/3/12 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
Have to smile
Fair play to the Tanker drivers, they haven't had to take any action yet because the
media and government are causing all the chaos & turmoil anyway

femster87

posted on 29/3/12 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jossey
Femster.... Tesco's in scunny was empty of diesel at 9pm last night also didn't help with the m180 being closed n me being stuck on it for 4 hours

Lool, I was in the same traffic for 4 hrs as well. I was not a very happy boy

You two need to see the light and move away from Scunny.

What and live in Hull? Could not think of anything worse

Dont let the "The view of the Humber Bridge" fool you.

Guessed so. Pretty good in Scunny you know

big_wasa

posted on 29/3/12 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
Panic buying is great, I am busy
Dopdog

posted on 29/3/12 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
what and finding time to post
coyoteboy

posted on 29/3/12 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
It's a good way of raising half a billion in taxes at short notice for a short term boost - wonder what they're planning to pay off?
D Beddows

posted on 29/3/12 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
The wine cellars in Downing Street probably need restocking after all the bankers have been round for tea
mad-butcher

posted on 29/3/12 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
Wife and I are in the lucky position that if there was a strike we both get permits to jump any fuel q's, she's a home care worker working with the terminally ill, and I work in what is deemed by government an essential industry " I deliver newspapers to newsagents "

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
clanger

posted on 29/3/12 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
solution:
spare attendant stands on entry to forecourt. 1/2tank or over...............on your bike (literally), 1/4 or less happy days come and get it.....

passed loads of just out of town garages today with rediculous queue's and I was in the red. no diesel at some. 10miles up the road in a sleepy village no problemo.................as much fuel as you can shake a stick at

most of the people queueing seemed to be of the retirement age filling up ageing rovers and newish honda's.................

passed the same people on the way back home, parked up in layby's with the flask and deck chairs out. FOOLS !!!!

Peteff

posted on 29/3/12 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
My friend runs a bike shop and needs to fill his van quite often and he was telling me about getting stuck behind an old woman at the pump as she had obviously never put fuel in a car before. Squeeze trigger, look at pump display, squeeze trigger, repeat ad infinitum. She took five minutes to put £3 worth in and he was getting ready to push her out the way and just fill her tank when she gave up and went to pay after putting about £5 in, he was quite fuming even telling me about it so she had really got to him.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

coyoteboy

posted on 29/3/12 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
You really can't judge the people in the queues, if they need a tankful they need it - you've no idea if they're being moronic or not. Just ignore them all, it'll go away soon.
alistairolsen

posted on 29/3/12 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
if you normally arrive to an empty pump or behind one car and theres a que of 5 then you can safely conclude four of them are morons.

This country really does bring me to despar. Fortunately my lifestyle allows me to let it wash by and smile!

My Build Thread

dlatch

posted on 29/3/12 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
as a collective the general public are on the same intellectual level as plankton
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rf900rush

posted on 29/3/12 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
Took my Dax out for a first run this year with the fuel gauge on empty.

So had to join the que of one car. £20 quid was enough to get me on my way.

By the time it took me to put in £20's worth there was a couple getting anxios enough to stat hooting

Can't even start to imagine what will happen if we have a real disaster on our hands.

Ninehigh

posted on 29/3/12 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
They couldn't wait for you to put £20 in? What's that like 3 litres?

chillis

posted on 29/3/12 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
It isn't so much panic buying as moronic buying!
The moronic brittish public deserve it for being unbelievably stupid once again.
It is they who have created a shortage for NO reason.....and given the fuel companies the perfect oppertunity to push the price of a litre of fuel not just past the £1.50 mark but I suspect by easter £2 per litre
The stupid brittish public deserve all they get. They've screwed up the strike and given the fuel companies a golden bonus. Well done the brittish public :mad

snakebelly

posted on 29/3/12 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Away in Leeds at the mo, luckily the van still has half a tank but just been down the garage for a pack of tags and ran into a 1/4 mile que! Funny thing was that at the hhead of the que a notice said no diesel but most people either couldn't see it or didint believe it! Needless to say I drove past and went to the spa instead.
locost47

posted on 29/3/12 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
panic buying

just know I will get tarred & feathered when i try & get fuel for silverstone in a jerry can
Dopdog

posted on 29/3/12 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
alistairolsen, why would 4 people be morons??? I had to fill up today as I needed fuel (tank empty) I was the third person in line. Does that make me stupid to wait???
Fizzer

posted on 29/3/12 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chillis
It isn't so much panic buying as moronic buying!
The moronic brittish public deserve it for being unbelievably stupid once again.
It is they who have created a shortage for NO reason.....and given the fuel companies the perfect oppertunity to push the price of a litre of fuel not just past the £1.50 mark but I suspect by easter £2 per litre
The stupid brittish public deserve all they get. They've screwed up the strike and given the fuel companies a golden bonus. Well done the brittish public :mad

You mean stupid British public, right?

Simon

posted on 30/3/12 at 12:56 AM Reply With Quote
I was expecting to be doing a couple of longish journeys over the next 3 days so thought I'd chuck thirty quid in (enough for a couple of hundred miles, wasn't paying attention (watching the traffic go past/day dreaming etc). Next thing I know I've put 11 gallons in.

Unfortunately tonight local station had all pumps taped off as empty. Oops sorry chaps

I'll go and empty another station tomorrow

ATB

Simon

morcus

posted on 30/3/12 at 01:33 AM Reply With Quote
The problem is, once a large number of people start buying up stupid amounts of anything, it actually becomes the sensible thing to do.

As of January I live two streets away from work so I'm not really all that bothered at the moment, but I did notice a large number of very elderly people queing for petrol when I walked passed tescos, I also noticed that, as usual they all form one massive queue that blocks the road rather than use up all the space by forming 6 queues behind the 6 rows of pumps.

What I really don't get is people seem to use any stupid reason to skive of work (Like snow) so the logical thing to do would be to stay at home and use the panic buying as an excuse.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

SeaBass

posted on 30/3/12 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
Filled up this morning - as I always do when I get a helpful yellow symbol on my dash. Brimmed the tank as normal.

No queue. No fuss. No hassle.

Just bloody expensive - I swear prices have gone because the "strike" was first whispered not just spiralling tax and base line costs.

SWMBOs dad phone from the deep south and said he'd seen a queue of over 100 cars.

For once Scotland is good at something!

karlak

posted on 30/3/12 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
At 1am this morning there were long queues both sides of the carriageway for the Shell garages. Both garages had put Diesel up 2p from Wednesday

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

Peteff

posted on 30/3/12 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
There has to be notice of a strike so why are people panicking now ? Leave it till the notice is given and everything could carry on as normal.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.