Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ken block omg
Irony

posted on 28/9/17 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
I CAN TELL YOU WHAT KEN BLOCK HAS DONE!

Ken Block has taken his so called 'average' driving abilities and turned them into a fantastic way to make a living. He's a marketeer, a show off, and self promoter and a fantastic sponsorship activation expert. He also does some natty driving.

So he wasn't good enough to be a world rally driver. He knows it and changed careers. I for one applaud him for his entertainment

[Edited on 28/9/17 by Irony]

Bunje

posted on 28/9/17 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
i wonder if his r888rs lasted a full run or with a bit of video editing they were swapped
nick205

posted on 28/9/17 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bunje
i wonder if his r888rs lasted a full run or with a bit of video editing they were swapped

Several sets of tyres I'd think. Most likely donated by the tyre companies as well.

CosKev3

posted on 28/9/17 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3

Just a shame non of the better drivers off this forum have never had a chance to enter,as they would be champions for sure...........

That's just a playground argument. You got a crush on old Ken?

No,just nowhere was it mentioned he was a good rally driver,so nothing to do with that video really.

Just the way of forums I suppose, bitter/jealous people sat on the sofa

No one has claimed they could do better, just that he's not a particularly great driver when compared to others in the motorsports events in which he has completed. Are you saying this is incorrect and that he is in fact a driving god?

He has plenty of wealth and sufficient driving talent to make a spectacle, but an awesome driver he is not.

If that makes me a bitter/jealous person sat on a sofa then fine by me. I'll take that over having an outrageous man crush on a minor celebrity.

[Edited on 28/9/17 by MikeRJ]

If the thread was titled 'is ken block a awesome driver?' you would have a argument,but it's not and no one asked for people's opinions on if he is a good/bad driver/failure at WRC etc did they?

CosKev3

posted on 28/9/17 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
Ken Block has taken his so called 'average' driving abilities and turned them into a fantastic way to make a living. He's a marketeer, a show off, and self promoter and a fantastic sponsorship activation expert. He also does some natty driving.

So he wasn't good enough to be a world rally driver. He knows it and changed careers. I for one applaud him for his entertainment

[Edited on 28/9/17 by Irony]

Nice to see someone with some common sense

scootz

posted on 28/9/17 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
There's only so many doughnuts I can watch before I get bored. He's a trickster. An entertainer.

TBH, I'd rather watch a Danny Macaskill video - he's also a trickster rather than a competitor (in his field), but his scenery backdrops and soundtracks are fabulous.

It's Evolution Baby!

ReMan

posted on 28/9/17 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/112575879940
This ones ripe for IVA and registering as an MK

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

loggyboy

posted on 28/9/17 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan

Random post to add in this thread!?

Mistral Motorsport

SJ

posted on 29/9/17 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

There's only so many doughnuts I can watch before I get bored. He's a trickster. An entertainer.

TBH, I'd rather watch a Danny Macaskill video - he's also a trickster rather than a competitor (in his field), but his scenery backdrops and soundtracks are fabulous.

I'm with you there - Danny Macaskill is just amazing.

Stu

nick205

posted on 29/9/17 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SJ
quote:

I'm with you there - Danny Macaskill is just amazing.

Stu

Macaskill is a big hit for me and my sons. I've even sought out some of his soundtrack music to listen to as well. Truly admire his bike skills (which make me look like a toddler on a bike). As said the locations and scenery are pretty awesome too.

nick205

posted on 29/9/17 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan

Random post to add in this thread!?

Indeed an odd one for this thread - a mis-post perhaps?

bonzoronnie

posted on 29/9/17 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gaz_gaz
Arguing about this, I can only assume there's a shortage of MK Duttons on ebay getting peoples backs up

MikeRJ

posted on 3/10/17 at 06:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz

Agreed, I don't think I will ever tire of watching his videos. Some of the stuff he does seems to defy physics. I reckon there are quite a number of people that could do what Block does given enough money, not so much with MacAskill.

Angel Acevedo

posted on 3/1/23 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
I have just received an e-mail stating he passed away.

Is it fake??

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.