Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Snetterton 750MC racing 27th&28sept.
pointy

posted on 29/9/08 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Snetterton

And to continue the weekend from myself further down the pack.
My engine has now got the power after a 2nd build was finished late friday after noon due to the main bearing shells and crankshaft welding themselves together in what has been described by all the locost racers as the most amazing shells ever seen !!!!
Racing was much better qualifying 23rd after bettering my last vist by 7 seconds, however my exuberance at russels proved my undoing performing a pirouette in front of a much welcome large crowd, that said the car ran very well with no problems and the weekend was thoroughly enjoyable.
Confidence is now returning and the plan for mallory and next year is to set the car up and loosen my nappy.

Congratulations to David.

Andy p

Mark G

posted on 30/9/08 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Some of my photo's of the weekend.

I somehow managed to take 780 photo's on the weekend so as you can imagine I'm not going to upload them all. I just picked a couple that may be relevant. I didn't get to watch much of the locosts unfortunately as I was setting up my mates Vee in the morning and stripping the engine in the scrut's for most of the afternoon.

Some of the orange one's

My fav car of the weekend. An awsome MNR Vortex with a Rover V8. Sounds immense!

A Fire spitting Indy Spec R with a 4AGE engine.

Kit car winner taking a short cut and celebrating after the race win.

3 Wheeled Locost, Same car as mentioned above???

Mark.

Custardtart

posted on 1/10/08 at 06:52 AM Reply With Quote
So did he win only because he cut the last chicane? Surely the FIA Stewards will be giving him a 25 sec penalty?

They're only noodles

procomp

posted on 1/10/08 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Tart.

Andy Sterling won both the kit races. There was some good racing between Hiley and sterling. So much so that they where both pushing the cars to the limit and both had moments. It was another good old big V8 V 4 pot type scenario.

Although Andy sterling's attempt at a doughnut where less than impressive. I dont think he received a higher score than a 5.5.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
progers

posted on 1/10/08 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear about all the mechanical woes in Locost and Kits. At least you weren't fixing stuff while it was pissing down with rain.... Looked like there was some decent racing nonetheless.

And there are people telling me BECs are supposed to be unreliable (famous last words...)

Cheers

Paul

Custardtart

posted on 1/10/08 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear your probs, gonna have to get you out in mine, at least for some testing

BTW. do you still need an engine, I'm desperate for some cash so I can get on with getting a Duratec
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi Tart.

Andy Sterling won both the kit races. There was some good racing between Hiley and sterling. So much so that they where both pushing the cars to the limit and both had moments. It was another good old big V8 V 4 pot type scenario.

Although Andy sterling's attempt at a doughnut where less than impressive. I dont think he received a higher score than a 5.5.

Cheers Matt

They're only noodles

matt.c

posted on 5/10/08 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
I NEED VIDEO'S

As i couldn't make it this year, is there any videos of this round of the locosts and the RGB's also what about the Kit cars?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.