Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SVA..remote chance
nitram38

posted on 8/2/09 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
SVA..remote chance

There is a remote chance that I could make the SVA application date, but it is very remote!
If I do get my forms in on time (28th Feb), do you think that I can ask for a date in April (towards the end of the sva test)?
I still have a lot to do on the car, but it might be do-able.
Cheers Martin

blakep82

posted on 8/2/09 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
was considering this myself. i decided it wasn't worth the risk. I'm trying to forget about the fees...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

rusty nuts

posted on 8/2/09 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
If the car is nearly complete then it may be worth it , if it fails you still have 6 months to get it retested under SVA rules if what I've read is correct . If the car isn't complete the tester may refuse to test?
Bitten hero

posted on 8/2/09 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
HI martin , i was thinking the same thing but it looks like just too tight to get it all done ,just have to accept that the cost is going to be much higher re the test-robbing bars****!!!!!!!!!!!.its only money after all!!!!!!!!
theconrodkid

posted on 8/2/09 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
i got a news letter from vosa for some unknown reason,it says "vehicles must be presented in completed condition and driven under their own power or test will be canceled and iva must be applied for,can scan if you need it

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

cloudy

posted on 8/2/09 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Martin, yes I've heard of people still getting april dates, just put down a good range in the form to increase your chances (I gave a two week range) and get the paperwork in monday for sure! Any Q's on the paperwork drop me a U2U

All you have to do is produce a working car, fail then use 6months to complete it...

James

www.warnercars.com

nitram38

posted on 8/2/09 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
I'm going to get as much as I can get done this week.
The wiring and plumbing are in, but I need to put all the plugs/wrap on and solder the immobiliser connections, wire the dash, fit the air compressor, adjust the suspension (close enough), fit the air shocks.
The brake and clutch lines are in but need filling/bleeding. Throttle cable inner needs soldering and cutting. I need to make a top panel for my nose cone and a tube frame to support it. I'm waiting for my top scuttle to be welded (for my bubble screens) and on GB engineering to send me my driveshafts.
If I get the April date, then no problem.

Dangle_kt

posted on 8/2/09 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I asked for the last week in april, I got the 24th April.

The closer it gets the less option to get the dates you want.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.