Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cars on Ebay/Autotrader
MikeLR

posted on 29/4/09 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
Cars on Ebay/Autotrader

Looking to buy a car and what really p*sses me off is the incompetance of sellers and their adverts eg adverts that give no info, sellers who cant give information eg the classic "whats the service history ?" " have lost records !"
"how many keys have got ?" " only one" (when there should be three ) etc,etc.
I find this to be a complete waste of my time, I get so cheesed off I just put the phone down. Its just the same when I email questions.
Rant off my chest now !!
Mike

[Edited on 29/4/09 by MikeLR]

mr henderson

posted on 29/4/09 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Few fields of human activity attract so many tw@ts as selling cars (privately or by way of trade, it seems to make no difference

John

orbital

posted on 29/4/09 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
I know what you mean mate. I'm looking for a car at the moment and sifting through the toss that is most of the advertisements is a nightmare. I mean how difficult can it be to put the millage down ffs! Then when you go and look at a "immaculate" car it ends up being a complete fookin nail! I almost slapped the last guy for wasting my time. I Did leave him with a flea in his ear mind you.

Cheers

Dave

MikeLR

posted on 29/4/09 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Dave.
Know what you mean, just been to see car advertised in Autotrader ( one of those brief adverts ) I said before I look at it have you done a HPI ? yes , its a Cat D.
Service record ? no lost it.
This is at a Trader, I just lost my rag and told him where to put his car.
Mike

Jon Ison

posted on 29/4/09 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
Thread hijak warning.....

About to sell the most reliable car we have ever owned.

A 52 plate 03 Focus Ghia TDi, just had full "genuine" service, belts ok for another 30k, done a whacking trouble free 130k and drives like new.

Anyone ?

Will be on the bay at 1995 when we get back off holiday, its just gone thru MOT with zero spend.

And if its not the car for you I would still strongly recommend the focus, she as never missed a beat and they drive superb.

sonic

posted on 29/4/09 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Guy's
Don't tar us all with the same brush !!!!!

I have no pitch or premisses and mainly find car for people through contacts i have made in the trade and people trust my judgement when i say it right it is!!

The reason i do this is to stop people having the exact same experiance as you have said above.
I have sold alot of cars now and never had any bad feeling and all my past customers call me again asking if i can find them something for there daughter/son etc.
I find it is all to do with areas ie i wouldnt turn a wheel to look at a car in Bradford or Leeds believe me i have had enough experiance with that area.
I over discribe what i sell down to the smallest blemish and most people don't even notice.
I sold an Impreza recently to a guy who was a friends brother in law,he thought i should have asked another grand for it as it was far better than he expected.

So not all dealers are Dipsticks

livelee

posted on 29/4/09 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fantastic-cabriolet-glitter-pink-BUYERS-MUST-READ_W0QQitemZ110379115269QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item110379115269&a mp;_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:7|39:1|240:1318
Jon Ison

posted on 29/4/09 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote

sonic

posted on 29/4/09 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hello Livelee

I always say to people if your not 100% sure what to check on a car either take somebody who does or pay for an AA/RAC inspection report to be done.

Also if you ask the seller have they any objection to the above been carried out if they are genuine they will quickly say no problem at all,the dodgy ones will always try and talk you out of it.

Recently i bought a 206 XSI 53 plate for a freinds daughter,to cut along story short she got made redundant and couldnt get a loan,So i advertised the car and a guy came and had a look/test drive and said he liked it and could he have an AA inspection done.Yes no problem i said,i also said if they find anything that put you off buying the car i will pay for the inspection!,they came inspected the car and advised him to buy it which he did.

Now i believe every seller should be willing to do the same which shows confidence in what you have to sell.

livelee

posted on 29/4/09 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sonic
Hello Livelee

It should be noted that that's not a car I've bought. Just a story I saw the other day that I thought was relevant to this thread.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.