Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: McGill Motorsports
MikeCapon

posted on 12/10/12 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
McGill Motorsports

Just a quick thumbs up for McGill Motorsports. I bought a few rod ends from them last week and unfortunately they made a mistake when packaging them, sending me M12 X 1.50 instead of M12 X 1.25s.

I called them and got their answerphone. "Great" I thought, "just when I needed to talk to a real person" but left a polite message explaining anyway.

30 minutes later I get a message apologising and saying they'd sent out 6 replacement rod ends by express delivery to France, all at their expense. These arrived today, just 24 hours later.

So a big thanks to McGill. Their exceptional reaction is surely proof that they get it right 99.9% of the time and they do care about their customers. This was my first order with them and not a massive buy, just over £125 in total. Equally they took my word on the thread pitch, something that a lot of suppliers would react to by saying "Send them back and then we'll replace"

Good people.

www.shock-factory.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eddie99

posted on 12/10/12 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Yep I've started using Mcgill motorsport for our rod ends and cant fault them.

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
T66

posted on 12/10/12 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
Used them for all the rj in the Fiat, and also in the last few weeks making up the gearchange, very swift service.

Jon Ison

posted on 12/10/12 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
Their service as always been good when I have used them.

Their turnbuckles and lh/rh rod ends make perfect trailing arms for a live axle.

ali f27

posted on 12/10/12 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Allways found them brill to deal with never had a problem with anything
phelpsa

posted on 12/10/12 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
Had a similar thing where I recieved lh rod ends instead of rh. Didn't discover this for around 3 months so I wasn't even sure that I'd ordered the correct ones. They sent out the correct rod ends FOC on the same day and told me the let them know what the postage to send the others back was so they could reimburse me. As I wasn't sure who's mistake it was I didn't take them up on that.

They've also contacted me to say things I have ordered are out of stock and would be an extra day or two.

Just lots of brilliant service!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
carpmart

posted on 12/10/12 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
A ways had great service from McGills so they are on my preferred supplier list!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

whiz

posted on 12/10/12 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
McGill

This company is local to me have used them for buying rose joints very helpful company
FuryRebuild

posted on 12/10/12 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
I too have nothing but good to say - lots of advice over the phone, and things turned up on the day I asked (I ordered when on holiday when my wife wasn't looking and asked them to delay postage a week).

It's great they stock all you need, such as the right dia tube and bungs - it's a fig finding it anywhere else.

I seem to remember them ringing me up and saying "we've thought of another way of doing what you want - try this ..." as well.

M

When all you have is a hammer, everything around you is a nail.

www.furyrebuild.co.uk

metro6r4

posted on 13/10/12 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
they are a great company imho dont know anyone who ships faster

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.