Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BT openreach carbon fibre thingy
theconrodkid

posted on 21/5/13 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
BT openreach carbon fibre thingy

you know,the all singing and dancing service BT has forced onto it,s customers.
well,mine was installed the other day,it didnt work as the "engineer" had pluged a wire into the wrong socket,it now works but....there are 2 boxes,one black and one white,it wont connect after switching on unless i remove/replacethe power lead from the white box whilst it is powered up,someone else at werk has the same problem,any ideas how to get round this ?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

gremlin1234

posted on 21/5/13 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
both boxes should be left on,
also sometimes the white box can take a while to connect, (depends on if it needs to download its configuration)

engineer should not have left without showing a working service, but probably not BT but a contractor (fitter!)

ash_hammond

posted on 21/5/13 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
I have had a similar issue.

The Whitebox is the "modem" and the Black box is the "wifi" router.

If you have connection problems between the two do the following:

Turn both boxes off.

Turn on the white box first. Wait for the DSL light to go green and stop flashing.

Then turn on the black box. It should then connect to the white box and your internet and wifi should work.

HTH

Ash

.: www.mac1motorsports.co.uk | www.m1moc.com :.

EX01

posted on 21/5/13 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
Least you have yours I have spent at least an hour a day on the phone to BT every day for the last 13 days, and BT still cannot even find my order.... (I have a receipt and confirmation of the order)
BT also claim I don’t have a phone line or house, though how I am calling them from my house on my phone as I tell them this they cannot seem to fathom.

Worse thing is no one at BT will take ownership of the problem and just tell me “Someone will call me back” and when they dont call me back I call back they “Have no record of me calling”
This is pre sale!! I’m trying to give them money and they can’t even be bothered to take it, dread to think what the service is like once they have my money?

The beauty of a build is not the build or the drive when it’s done, it’s the sneaking the funds slowly past the wife as she remains blissfully unaware!

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 21/5/13 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
Had BT FO installed a few months back, I was paying sky for up to 20mb in reality I was getting 1/2 to 1mb, BT reckoned with their fibre optic I would get 18mb continuous download speed, their engineer came installed it relocated my box for me and left, I had and still have 25mb download speed (under a minute to download a 2 hr movie) I've never turned either modem or router off, when we've had the power off it reboots straight away and works fine within a min or two! For me it's proved to be a much better service although customer services do leave a lot to be desired!

Work to Live don't Live to Work

amalyos

posted on 21/5/13 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
I've been 2 weeks without Phone or Broadband, Sky tell me it's a line issue with Open Reach, they are keeping me updated daily, but still not fixed.

If this is a ploy by BT to get people to go to them, their not doing a very good job of it.

I'll just use it as a bargaining chip to get some freebees from SKY.

http://stevembuild.blogspot.com

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 21/5/13 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by amalyos
I've been 2 weeks without Phone or Broadband, Sky tell me it's a line issue with Open Reach, they are keeping me updated daily, but still not fixed.

If this is a ploy by BT to get people to go to them, their not doing a very good job of it.

I'll just use it as a bargaining chip to get some freebees from SKY.

I tried that route before switching, sky wouldn't give me a thing all I wanted was a new 2tb box £50 to existing customers they wouldn't even waive that!

Work to Live don't Live to Work

theconrodkid

posted on 21/5/13 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
looks like we have a BT fan club here ,thanks for the leave it on info,bit silly but hey ho,and EXO 1,i would try another provider,their customer dis-service is a joke !.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

T66

posted on 21/5/13 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Mate was telling me, that BT also share your connection to enhance their wifi coverage. have a sniff with a wifi mobile etc you will see 3 hubs.

It can be turned off

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.