Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BMW Thieves
Slater

posted on 26/10/13 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
BMW Thieves

A very good friend of mine had his house broken into a few nights ago, car keys were taken in the night along with his BMW M5. I know the chances of recovery are slim, but it's not that comman to see them. So please keep an eye out. It is wrapped in Matt White, but that's probably been removed, I think it's black underneath. Stolen West of London, near the old Brookland Race Track a few nights ago.

I guess these get stolen to order and get new plates so are very hard to find.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

Slimy38

posted on 26/10/13 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
I know the customary thing is to blur out the plates, but don't you think in this case it would be useful to keep the plates visible for identification? It may not be as professional as you think, it could just be some amateurs who will try and sell it exactly as it is, or even just to drive it around a bit.
britishtrident

posted on 26/10/13 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
The message is never leave keys just lying around at night, don't leave them lying anywhere with 4 meters of the house door, or in a coat pocket.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

MikeR

posted on 26/10/13 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
police round here advise you to leave them close to the door. the thieves have no issue with violence and turn up armed. rather they get the keys and get out than confront you.

friends had knives at there throats whilst in bed as the car keys weren't handy ..... at the end of the day a car can be replaced, you life is irreplacable.

Slater

posted on 26/10/13 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
Seemingly the police advised it was a pro job and they would have got the keys somehow, so my friend is just glad they were accessable and nobody was confronted or threatened.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

maccmike

posted on 26/10/13 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
My keys are next to front door, not reachable through letter box but if somebody comes in for them, theyre there. Its why I pay car and house insurance.
Ivan

posted on 26/10/13 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
Guess that Johannesburg is not the only home of robbers
Phil.J

posted on 26/10/13 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
This happened to my nephew a few weeks ago, his BMW and his partners brand new jaguar were taken, Keys taken from the hallway. Apparently it is usual for the thieves to leave the car somewher local for a few days in case a tracker is fitted, theirs hadn't.
He toured around the neighbourhood and found his BMW in a council flats car park and got it back, his partners Jaguar is gone for good.
Police got the culprits and the car keys were on their coffee table! (They had an idea who might be responsible).
The police involved also said not to hide the keys to avoid the possibility of being threatened.

T66

posted on 26/10/13 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Just because its stolen with keys, dont assume its off to Russia or Africa - Because car security is now generally so good, the dross cannot steal the things without the key on new stuff.

Most car thefts today are as a result of a burglary to your home, most people still leave keys in the kitchen hanging up, on the stairs etc.....

Most dross do not have access to international crime syndicates shipping stolen motors abroad, its a possible but unlikely.

Motorcycles are very rarely recovered, recovery rates of cars are far greater than plant, farm machinery, so post the No plate and let the public find it for your mate.

I speak from experience, dont know much about most stuff, but in this regard Im fairly well qualified (NVQ level )

MikeR

posted on 26/10/13 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
qualified at stealing or recovering
T66

posted on 26/10/13 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
qualified at stealing or recovering

Both.......

coozer

posted on 26/10/13 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
It amazes me how many people leave the car that they paid thousands for outside on the drive and keep 20p worth of crap piled up in the garage..

Mines in the garage behind the CLOSE DOOR.. that keeps the scum guessing whether your in out or what.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Canada EH!

posted on 26/10/13 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
In the more affluent portions of Toronto that has been means of stealing high end cars for some time and the Police have found quite a few containers with stolen cars in the shipping port waiting for dispatch to other countries.

A friend of mine, lawyer took his new vehicle in for it's first service and the following morning it was stolen from his driveway.

One of the new car dealers had a lot boy making duplicate keys and selling them to the thieves.

steve m

posted on 26/10/13 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
"It amazes me how many people leave the car that they paid thousands for outside on the drive and keep 20p worth of crap piled up in the garage..

Mines in the garage behind the CLOSE DOOR.. that keeps the scum guessing whether your in out or what. "

I am the only person in our road 22 houses that has a car in the garage, its my 7, were else would I keep it ??

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

morcus

posted on 26/10/13 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
It is actually amazing how few people use a garage to park in. In my last house I was the only person who parked in the garage, I really miss it, never had to lock the car or faff about putting the roof back up.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

steve m

posted on 26/10/13 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Firstly, what muppett buys a BMW as surely there just rep mobiles ?
secondly why buy a black one, then have it wrapped in white plastic ?

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

PSpirine

posted on 27/10/13 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
I remember years ago when we had a house in the States, really safe neighbourhood, and we always parked the car in the garage... because it FIT. It was a "single" garage, but fit a Lincoln Navigator, with tat around it and you could still open doors on both sides.

I've got a garage en bloc just opposite my front door here, with light and power, but it's 5m x 2.5m internal. The one car I would want to park in there (my Rolls) doesn't even fit (let alone being able to get in and out of a car).

If I had a proper detached house with a double garage with remote door, there'd be no reason to keep cars on the drive/street!

02GF74

posted on 27/10/13 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
Cars are getting bigger. Modern houses have garage so that it can be listed on the d etails by the selker but are too narrow to get a car in let alone be able to open drivers door to get out or in.

[Edited on 27/10/13 by 02GF74]

James

posted on 27/10/13 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
I drive a 'W' reg Primera and my girlfriend a 56 plate Fiesta.

Thieves taking them is a constant worry for me!

I left the back door unlocked leaving for work the other day. I was late so didn't want to go back, so I risked it and returned at lunch time.
Wasn't too worried, most valuable thing in the house is the telly.... 32" and nearly 6 years old! Do they bother to nick these even?

See! I knew there were benefits to being poor- nothing to steal!

Cheers,
J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

coozer

posted on 27/10/13 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
I'm looking to move and viewing house boils down to whether theres a garage and big drive or a piece on the side big enough to build one. First thing I do is view it on google earth to check the foot print.

Rep is house with drive up the side and garage in the back garden, then the whole lot will get boxed in and sealed off.

My current garage is double length. Kit is at the back with the mobile shed in front. All the crap is outside in the back garden under a canopy.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.