Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tyres
dave107

posted on 4/3/21 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
Tyres

Long time since I’ve been on here. Too much work and not enough play.
I think it’s time to fit a new set of boots as the tyres I have are Toyo888 they have not done much mileage but are 6 years old. I Only use car on the road , so what do you guys run with. My tyre sizes are 195 x 50 x R15 V.
Cheers Dave

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 5/3/21 at 06:35 AM Reply With Quote
Nankang ns2r are a great road track tyre you can get them for £60/65 inc vat 195/50/15 bargain I reckon

[Edited on 5/3/21 by ian locostzx9rc2]

adithorp

posted on 5/3/21 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
I'm on my second set of r888r's now. Been very happy with them. Compared to the old design they're as good in the dry and better in the wet. Though I'd still be cautious with standing water, I haven't had issues even in torrential downpours on poorly draining french motorways. They take slightly longer to warm up on track but once they do they're more consistent and don't get too hot and squirrely like the old ones.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

dave107

posted on 9/3/21 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys for recommendations, but in the end I went for Michelin pilot sport 3.
Rgds Dave

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.