Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost - Social Event/Rallye
dozracing

posted on 21/2/05 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
Locost - Social Event/Rallye

Hi all,

During my week off, i have come up with the idea of organising a Rallye and social event for Locosters.

I've been away staying in an area of the UK with some fantastic roads that snake through the most stunning scenary, and all i could think of was what a fantastic place it would be to drive a Locost.

So while i was there i did some investigating and i've come up with an itinery for a weekend of driving and nightlife.

Bank Holiday Weekend Friday 29th April - 1st May.

Friday morning would consist of local meets, depending on numbers, probabaly everyone from a particular county would get together before heading on.

Friday night we would all meet up for an overnight stop/food/drink somewhere near Sterling.

Saturday morning/lunch would take in a Distilery tour, and Inverness. As soon as we are on the A9 the real driving experiences start, with mountain roads through idillic scenery. Once past Inverness then the roads become even more challenging and the scenery is like nothing you've seen elsewhere in the UK.

The hotel we will stay at for the weekend, is situated on the shores of Loch Broom, where at dinner and from your rooms, you will get a fantastic view of the Loch, the mountains and at night the lights from the little village.

When we arrive at our hotel for the weekend, there will be a complimentary drink, and that evening there will be a traditional Scots Caley. This is an evening with a live band and other traditional Scots entertainment. We'll have a prize a giving, for best turned out car, most original car and most "book" enspired car. Dinner that evening will be tradional Scottish fare.

Sunday morning, i have arranged for a thrilling high speed boat trip down the Loch and out around the Summer Isles, where you'll be able to see Seals, and possibly Dolphins along with many different sea birds. The trip is worth it just for this experience.

For Sunday lunch we will take a drive out into the mountains and arrive at the Falls of Shin. At this time of the year you will be able to see a stunning water fall in which the Salmon leap up it to get back to their place of birth to spawn. There is also a Harrods shop here too.

We'll stop at the falls for lunch in the restaurant, and after we'll return to the hotel by a different route that takes in some of the most remote and glorious beaches you'll have ever seen, and the roads are as if made for Locosts, and whats more, not a Police camera for hundreds of miles.

Back at the Hotel for Sunday evening we will endulge in traditional Sunday dinner and enjoy drinks til late in the bar.

On Monday we will depart and on the way back we will take in Corrieshalloch and Rogie Falls, both very dramatic Gorges/Water falls. Once back in Inverness we will stop off and take in Loch Ness. Here you'll find tons of visitor attractions, that may for some answer the myth of the Loch Ness Monster. If you are lucky you may even see it!!

For anyone wishing to stay longer and take in many of the other attractions of the area then there will be the oportunity to stay on for longer.

I'm putting together a full document with pictures of the places we will vist and the route. Please email me for this document and further details.

I'm currently working on the price, currently it is £150/per person, plus the overnight stop. The overnight stop costs depend a little on numbers so i'm just waiting on some feedback from this posting to get an idea so i can finalise this. Small deposits of 10% will be required on booking and the rest will be payable a week or two before we depart.

GTS will provide a support vehicle, that will carry some emergency fuel, and some spares etc, to make sure that something silly doesn't spoil the weekend.

email me darren@gtstuning.co.uk

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 21/2/05 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
Blimey - don't you ever give it a rest?

bob

posted on 21/2/05 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
Darren

Nice thought,kinda clashes with stoneleigh show dates though

ned

posted on 21/2/05 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
isn't it a bit of a trek for anyone from down southbefore you even start the weekend? IS the support vehicle gonna be patroling the m1, a1 & m6 on friday

Nice idea, shame I don't have a car finished

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dozracing

posted on 21/2/05 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
Its a trek from the South, but i quite enjoyed it even in my old bus. I think in a Seven even the drive up there will be thrilling.

Why go to Stoneliegh and be bored for the weekend, when you can do what you set out to do and that is drive your car, on the best roads in the country.

The support "bus" won't be patrolling all the roads, because the route is planned so we all meet up and go in convoy. Its a social event not a race to John O'Groats.

Ned, you need to concentrate and get the car finished. Stop dilly dallying around and get the tools out and get on with it. Stop trying to win the most number of posts on Locostbuilders competition, and use your time constructively to solve problems, and more importantly order parts (preferrably from me!!).

You are welcome in any vehicle, as its a Locost builders social event, but, the driving pleasure is unlikely to be the same as in the Locost.

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Mix

posted on 21/2/05 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
Don't wish to throw a dampener on what sounds like a really fun weekend, but as one who lives in Scotland I should point out that the weather at that time of year can be a bit inclement, (we often have snow in May). So if you are thinking of coming up to 'God's country' allow for the harsher conditions which you may experience.

Mick

ned

posted on 21/2/05 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
Darren'll have a run on weather gear then, perhaps that's the intention

Ned.

[Edited on 21/2/05 by ned]

beware, I've got yellow skin

dozracing

posted on 21/2/05 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
The weather in North East is usually milder than the central and eastern areas due to the warming nature of the Gulf Stream. Last year i was there for my Aunts wedding in early April and the weather was glorious.

Last week, we had a lot of snow in east of us, but very little in Ullapool itself.

I'm just preparing some pictures of the area. Rescued attachment ullapool2.jpeg
Rescued attachment ullapool2.jpeg

dozracing

posted on 21/2/05 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
More pics Rescued attachment ullapool1.gif
Rescued attachment ullapool1.gif

Hellfire

posted on 21/2/05 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
But at this time of year you don't get the "killer gnats" that make european mosi's look like tickling sticks!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Mix
Don't wish to throw a dampener on what sounds like a really fun weekend, but as one who lives in Scotland I should point out that the weather at that time of year can be a bit inclement, (we often have snow in May). So if you are thinking of coming up to 'God's country' allow for the harsher conditions which you may experience.

Mick

Mix

posted on 21/2/05 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
I agree the weather on the West coast is generally warmer, (and wetter) but Inverness is a fair way East.
My post was only intended to highlight the differing nature of the weather up here to that which may be experienced 'darn sarf' at the same time of year.
Suggest you bring warm and waterproof clothing, (just in case)
:

Mick

dozracing

posted on 21/2/05 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Mix,

Will you be coming to join in the evenings entertainment and drinking? I hope so.

Nice log fire in the hotel lounge, so you can relieve yourself if it is cold. Be more of an adventure anyway if the weathers a bit off.

Kind regards,
Darren

dozracing

posted on 21/2/05 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
Picture from the high speed boat trip. Rescued attachment seascape
Rescued attachment seascape

colibriman

posted on 21/2/05 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
Nice log fire in the hotel lounge, so you can relieve yourself if it is cold.

Darren,

They should have toilets too you know....

need a bike engine? - www.colibriman.com

SVA ready Mk Indyblade possibly for sale.....if the offers good...!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
dozracing

posted on 21/2/05 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
Or perhaps this is a better one Rescued attachment seascape.jpg
Rescued attachment seascape.jpg

carnut

posted on 21/2/05 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
All sounds good but, Id be a bit more interested if it was a similar trip but to Le Mans.
dozracing

posted on 21/2/05 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Funny you should say that because i thought if this worked out well i'd look into organising a trip to LeMans.

chaos999

posted on 22/2/05 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
I have 13 cars going with me to LeMans, 4th year organising...

Posted in Events/Meets not a single reply... anyway, 13 kits are going in a convoy!

Simon

Mix

posted on 22/2/05 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
Darren

I will definitly make an effort to meet up with the party at some point

It's a chance to see what others have done and chat face to face with other builders, which for us, up here in the kit car show desert, is an opportunity not to be missed.

Mick

JoelP

posted on 22/2/05 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
a great idea darren, hope it works out. i wont be able to myself, mainly due to car and woman trouble..

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Hellfire

posted on 23/2/05 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
a great idea darren, hope it works out. i wont be able to myself, mainly due to car and woman trouble..

In that order Joel? Glad to see you've got your priorities right.

flak monkey

posted on 23/2/05 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a good idea Darren. If i had a car i would be up for it

Take it you wont be at Stoneleigh this year then if you are off on a road trip?

Cheers,
David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

JoelP

posted on 23/2/05 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP

In that order Joel? Glad to see you've got your priorities right.

yup, just about!

the car isnt finished and the woman is on about leaving due to the growing scrapyard outside!!!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Fozzie

posted on 23/2/05 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
Darren, Inverness is no where near the west coast/gulf stream!
T'other halfs family are from Nairn 15 miles east of Inverness, and rellies are due down here (sarf) that very week, to escape the bitter cold! Tee-hee
Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

dozracing

posted on 25/2/05 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
We are not staying in Inverness, just passing through. Final destination is Ullapool.

TotalKitCar have agreed to sponsor the event.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.