Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Build Update
flak monkey

posted on 7/8/06 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
Build Update

Just thought I would update you all on the build progress a bit. Heres 2 of the latest pics

Just need to sort some track rod extensions this week.

Next job is to get a clevis sorted for my brake pedal so that i can get the brakes functioning. After that i think it will get the rest of the bodywork trimmed to fit then work toward getting ready for the engine to go in.

Comments, advice and abuse welcomed

David

PS theres some more pics in my archive in the 'build pics' folder

[Edited on 7/8/06 by flak monkey]

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

mackei23b

posted on 7/8/06 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Looking good, well done!
3GEComponents

posted on 7/8/06 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
CaLviNx, Could you talk to "omega24v6" about how i might win big on Euromilions please?

Ta

John

omega0684

posted on 7/8/06 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
how you doing dave, looks like you have been busy. nice body panelling on the sides there, i see that you have already got the brakes in.

get stuck in your doing great,ATB Alex

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt.c

posted on 7/8/06 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
Looking good david

On the road by the end of august?

Fat boy 1

posted on 8/8/06 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
Nice one David ,
Looks the Bizz,what engine you putting in. and the big ? when for the SVA.

flak monkey

posted on 8/8/06 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the kind comments.

Mark, its interesting to hear of the differences in the kits as they have developed. And yes I am aware that the infill panels will not meet the back panel as Brian had mentioned it to me a while back. Not to worry, I am sure I will find a way around it.

Alex, hows yours coming along?

Matt, I wish. Lots of work to do yet, including getting some engine parts modified and finished off before I can get that in.

Fat Boy, pinto engine going in soon. Hopefully in the next month or so. I would like to get it running before I go back to uni at the end of september. get it SVA'd easter time next year maybe, then it will be ready for next summer

David

Sera

birdii

posted on 8/8/06 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
It's funny you mention track rod extensions, i found a problem last night with the ones I bought which is a little unforseen. The ones Darren sells are obviously for Sierra uprights but like you I have Cortina items which require 35mm ish less length! Oh well, gonna have a chat with Darren tomorrow i think, see if he can do some slightly shorter ones or i'll have to mod what I have got.

Looking very good mate! Keep it up!

birdii

posted on 9/8/06 at 06:35 AM Reply With Quote
Are you sure because he emailed me on Friday and said he had been for his hols and was going to talk to me this week about an order.
flak monkey

posted on 9/8/06 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote
Just a quick Q, which rubber engine mounts should I be using? I assume all the GTS mounts are designed for one rubber mount?

Cheers,
David

Sera

dozracing

posted on 9/8/06 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Hi David,

Congratulations on the build so far. I get a real thrill everytime i see a car coming on, like some proud grand father. Sad i know.

I'm back. Got my holiday dates mixed up a right treat. Thought we were going away on the 28 July for two weeks, and actually we went away on the 20th which was a bit of a surprise. So i'm back, and trying to get into the swing of things, not sure jet lags supposed to last for 5 days though.

Cuba is a fantastic place by the way, really recommend a visit.

Side infil panels were never mean't to fill the radius on the back panel, that was supposed to be the job of the interior side panel, as it gives you a better finished edge at that point.

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.