Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: mk delivery promises?
Toady1

posted on 6/3/07 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
mk delivery promises?

anyone else had probs with ordering stuff form mk sportscars, and it taking ages to turn up/keep getting fobbed off with excuses ie, parts were out of stock, its now in the post, you should get it 2mro, if not the next day if not the day after that??? oh, but theyve taken my money!!!
tri

posted on 6/3/07 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
not getting into a fight cause i really couldn't care less about the "kit car war" but thought it was funny how quickly you replied

sorry to hear about your problems

grahamgg

posted on 6/3/07 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
yes Toady1,i have been waiting ages for engine mounts.rang last friday and to be fair the were honest and said that they were fogotten about.Promised me they would see to it asap ,,,lets hope they have as it is now holding me up!!!!

graememk

posted on 6/3/07 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
i think this is something that should be taken up with the mk owners club, assuming your a member

zxrlocost

posted on 6/3/07 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
MK owners club havent specifically got anything to do with the sales of MK sportscars??
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

stevec

posted on 6/3/07 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
Sorry to hear that your having issues with the "supposed" numero uno in the kit car world.

As has been said with other kit makers issues, lay down a time limit then initiate a hard and fast recovery of funds.

This must be music to your ears Mark
Still It will take a while to earn a reputation like some other folk have
Steve,

graememk

posted on 6/3/07 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
i agree but think its something that the owners club should take up with them as its abad reflection on the owners.

Jon Ison

posted on 6/3/07 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Too answer the original question, no I personally have never had a problem with any deliveries from MK.
welderman

posted on 6/3/07 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
Too answer the original question, no I personally have never had a problem with any deliveries from MK.

I second that, fine bunch of lads.

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

MikeR

posted on 6/3/07 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Toady, would i be correct in guessing your order is for a small number of relitively low value parts? If so, i had a similar problem about a year ago.

Eventually I got the parts i'd ordered, I wasn't happy and got a full refund. No court threats or anything just a frank phone conversation.

On the plus side, I think every time I tried to contact them i did get to speak to someone. I guess i was just bottom of the pile with my little order, eventually i guess they got sick of me calling them up causing fuss & they rushed my stuff - unfortunate but it happens occasionally in every company.

andyps

posted on 6/3/07 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Sorry to hear that your having issues with the "supposed" numero uno in the kit car world.

As has been said with other kit makers issues, lay down a time limit then initiate a hard and fast recovery of funds.

I thought the solution was to talk nicely to the supplier.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

bodger

posted on 6/3/07 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
No problems with them so far. Got kit as agreed on agreed date.
alister667

posted on 6/3/07 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
I have to say I had a lot of problems / delays getting parts off them sent to Northern Ireland when I was rebuilding my car.

I suspect they're a lot better when you can turn up and pick stuff up directly.

Cheers

Ali

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alister667/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
graememk

posted on 6/3/07 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
i've ordered from them in fairness i've collected but the parts were there waiting for me

alister667

posted on 6/3/07 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
"YOU HAVE A CHOICE NOT TO READ ANY POSTS BY THIS USER, NO-ONE IS FORCING YOU "

Reminds me.

Is there a 'block posts by this user' button on the way, does anyone know?

Cheers

Alister

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alister667/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
OX

posted on 6/3/07 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
i think a lot of members have given up hope on that button and just scroll on up when they get to the crap

[Edited on 6/3/07 by OX]

andyps

posted on 6/3/07 at 11:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by andyps
quote:

I thought the solution was to talk nicely to the supplier.

YES but only INITIALLY, and then lay down the law, by putting in place a time limit, & If YOU had taken the time to read and understand FULLY my posts on that matter, and re-iterate them fully and not just what suits you to re-iterate in this case because its suits you, you would have had no actual need to post.

I had to chuckle as someone else pointed out to me recently that you (andyps) seem follow me around like a bad smell purposefully stating black is white with me, which I find quite flattering, that you feel your own time lacking in importance to follow me about....... how funny and sad at the same time

excuse me while i put my sooper dooper wooden spoon back in its box

And to the thread starter, in the main MK appear to have a decent track record, and no I don't delight in kit maker delaying parts, as I have nothing personal against any kit maker, I might have a personal opinion on some of them, but that a differing thing altogether. I would never wish a delay on anyone.

[Edited on 6/3/07 by CaLviNx]

I don't try to follow you around - I obviously have less spare time than you as you always get to the posts first Maybe we just have different opinions on things, but one thing is for certain, I don't have time to re-read the posts you have made before to quote them exactly. But I do remember the overall message! How often have you suggested anyone lay down the law with a certain other kit car maker? Perhaps you would be kind enough to reference the appropriate threads here.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

greggors84

posted on 6/3/07 at 11:35 PM Reply With Quote
I had a problem once, was waiting a while for a few bits, but wasnt too concerned as they werent holding me back.

Phoned them in the end, they were very apologetic and I got them the next day. They had probably forgotten to send them out, they were a bit disorganised back then (a while before the company split) not sure what they are like now as its been a while since I had anything off them.

Always found them very a friendly bunch though and they always made an effort to recognise you if you chatted to them at a show.

[Edited on 6/3/2007 by greggors84]

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

grahamgg

posted on 7/3/07 at 12:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

yes because they know exactly who you are .like me who they don't know from Mick who i am,, seems like they don't bother,last year when i was pretty sure i was putting a 954 blade engine in ,i asked for a cradle which was supposed to be collected at one of the shows, but they could not or did not get it ready in time.then when they said it would be done they would post out !!!anyway still not done ,anyway in the end i cancelled,,to be fair every time i phoned they are always courteous and helpful..but at the end of the day if you order parts and hand over your hard earned you expect them to be on your doorstep within a reasonable time..

Mr Whippy

posted on 7/3/07 at 12:44 AM Reply With Quote
I have ordered quite a few parts recently and in the past, all I do is send them an e-mail list of what I need, then phone up to check there's no problems with any of the items and then send them a cheque in the post. Never had any problems at all and found them a nice helpful bunch and all the parts came seriously wrapped in huge quantity’s of bubble wrap.

Just about to order some more parts in a few days time.

[Edited on 7/3/07 by Mr Whippy]

grahamgg

posted on 7/3/07 at 01:01 AM Reply With Quote
YES but only INITIALLY, and then lay down the law, by putting in place a time limit, & If YOU had taken the time to read and understand FULLY my posts on that matter, and re-iterate them fully and not just what suits you to re-iterate in this case because its suits you, you would have had no actual need to post.

I had to chuckle as someone else pointed out to me recently that you (andyps) seem follow me around like a bad smell purposefully stating black is white with me, which I find quite flattering, that you feel your own time lacking in importance to follow me about....... how funny and sad at the same time

excuse me while i put my sooper dooper wooden spoon back in its box

And to the thread starter, in the main MK appear to have a decent track record, and no I don't delight in kit maker delaying parts, as I have nothing personal against any kit maker, I might have a personal opinion on some of them, but that a differing thing altogether. I would never wish a delay on anyone..................

all above quoted by calvinx

Do you have any problems getting parts from GTS,if not everyone else seems to be ,you seem to defend gts vigourously when someone else posts a question about poor customer relations about delivery etc etc..People expect a decent level of service ,and if this does not happen then they are going to vent there frustration on this site,which is not going to look good for that said kit car company...In my kit car building experience which is very very very small.Who you know goes a long way ,It seems very clicky to me,and if the person on the other end of the phone does not know you then you are probably not going to get the same service!!!

[Edited on 7/3/07 by grahamgg]

Jonte

posted on 7/3/07 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
To answer the first question.

I´ve been waiting for a zetec exhaust since my order november 2006

Click it

Bluemoon

posted on 7/3/07 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Today1,

I've had no problems with them but then this was about a year or so ago. They do get busy at times, one of the problems of being a small company. How long have you been waiting..

Dan

Toady1

posted on 7/3/07 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
blimey! since last year for an exhaust! makes mine sound lame, but then i guess im not used to waiting ages after ive paid for stuff for it to turn up!

The item is a std bec propshaft, only £120, but i did order it 3 weeks ago. Hopefully it'll be in the post as they told me last week, and on its way to me, and its the posties fault not theirs.

They are a very friendly and helpfull bunch i do admit. Its just that i orderd a blade drive flange from westfield 2 days after, and got it 2 weeks ago! and they werent in stock!

Just wanted to know if it was the norm thats all. Ill just be a bit more patient......but its whats holding me up from making my cradle to mount my engine, and the good weather is here teasing me!

OX

posted on 7/3/07 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
pmsl calvin,hows that nerve i just brushed across,calm your self down dude ,if you dont like what i have to say dont read it.
you made a fool of your self by missreading my post and then decided you wanted to offer me on saying how your not scared of anyone and spouting off alot of other crap thats easy to do behind a monitor pmsl,then a few people added to the thread asking you to calm down,you then deleted the whole thread after making your self look more of a twat than normal.you then sent me your address and if you hadnt of lived 6 hours away i'd of been fine to come over and look at the seats..whilst im here do you mind not slagging me off to other members off line ,you have no idea of my build quailty and youv never seen my car
and as far as my wiring goes iv built 3 cars with not one fire wooohooo

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.