Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS ~ Recent Experiences wanted please
designer

posted on 14/9/07 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
I created and ran a business for twenty years, producing Hi-tech aero engine parts and, even though, in your opinion, I have no idea and therefore must be no good at it!!

How come Ihave retired twenty years early!!!

Take a deposit only, then take the rest on day of despatch. Simple. easy, and, above all, fair to the customer.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scotmac

posted on 20/9/07 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
quote:
Originally posted by insanenim
I purchased some part in november 2006 directly with darren. Got some of the part at the end Jan 2007 and in September 2007 finally got the rest of my parts.

They kept on saying the parts are in the post! I eventually turnt up on there door step and asked for my parts.

I personally won't ever buy anything from them again. I wish I had researched this site before buying anything from them.

Letting it drag out that long is your own fault. Same goes for anyone who is waiting for parts for longer than a reasonable time (28 days or whatever you were told when ordering). Goes for all companies/manufacturers in all industries.

"Blaming the *victim*" at it's worst. The victim here is the person that ordered the part and did not receive it. NOT the supplier/company that was not "prodded" enough to do it's job!!! There should be NO NEED for prodding.

flak monkey

posted on 21/9/07 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
Think a few people have got the wrong idea about what I am saying. I cant be bothered to expplain myself anymore. If people want help getting in touch with GTS forget it, dont come to me.

Its all been said before about what reasonable expectation of businesses are, and I am not going to repeat what I have said elsewhere, yet again, for the few people who cant be bothered to take in the whole picture.

I was happy to help before, but I have had enough now. I shan't be drawn into any more discussion regarding GTS and I expect this will be my last post in this section. I am happy to help some people privately, thats all.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

RK

posted on 22/9/07 at 02:12 AM Reply With Quote
It's a common theme it our world, unfortunately. I fluctuate between saying "well, he's really OK, and he's trying" and "damn it, please give me what I've paid for". If we, the customer were a child, we would be considered abused.

To clarify, I have had no dealings with said company, but i have been tempted. So I really should not have posted at all.

[Edited on 23/9/07 by RK]

gazza285

posted on 30/9/07 at 12:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
I was happy to help before, but I have had enough now. I shan't be drawn into any more discussion regarding GTS and I expect this will be my last post in this section. I am happy to help some people privately, thats all.

No harm to youself like, but why did you bother anyway. You might have had a good experience of GTS, but you definately seem to be in the minority, lucky you. No smoke without fire and all that, and this ones a 'kin inferno. I know all kit makers are a bit lax but you have to draw a line somewhere.

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mattgriffiths2002

posted on 30/9/07 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
I bought a roll hoop off them in mid May. They took the money straight away and it didnt arrive at the end of July after some chasing up and ringing whenever I could get through. However, the backstays were missing and I have just received those in the past week. I was fuming!!

To sum up:

Terrible service, uncontactable, they say they will ring back and never do!! Would certainly not use again if at all possible and would really NOT reccommend buying parts from GTS!!!

It is not a way to run a business and treat customers. It has made me think myself about setting up in competition and offering a much better service. I cannot understand where GTS are comming from when they obviously have demand for the business they are in and yet obviously dont care!! They need to keep to their word and perhaps employ some staff!! The problem is that they are the only company which make a lot of the products they sell so people dont have anywhere else to go.

Nevertheless I would stay well clear of GTS - They really need to get their act together!!

scotmac

posted on 3/10/07 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
I bought some engine mounts off their web site, as i mentioned in another thread. They dutifully took my money immediately, but *never* replied to my requests as to when it was to be shipped. After 4 mos of waiting, i gave and reversed the charges on the credit card. Still didn't hear a word from them.

I also sent them a question on ebay about their seats. Got a reply back over a month later.

All-in-all, the worst service i have ever seen from a company.

[Edited on 3/5/09 by scotmac]

Charles

posted on 9/10/07 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
ordered some bits off him a few weeks ago (carbon wings & Cortina stays). Can't get in touch with him at all (tried email, mobile & landline), yet he was more than happy to answer my questions before the sale.

Is this a sign of things to come? Should I cancel and go elsewhere.

Taz Surfleet

posted on 18/10/07 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
I won some stuff from Darren off e-bay at the weekend, sent him an e-mail asking if he had some other pieces to which he replied to within hours, as it happened he does and he did me a great deal on price, He did ask me to tell you all, that the works number on the website is no longer live but Ive called him twice on his mobile and got straight thru.

[Edited on 18/10/07 by Taz Surfleet]

Hellfire

posted on 18/10/07 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Strange that he asked you to tell us all, considering that he no longer supports the Locostbuilders site. (I use the word support very loosely)

Phil

[Edited on 18-10-07 by Hellfire]

Taz Surfleet

posted on 18/10/07 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
Dont start on me !!
He asked me after I pointed out to him it did'nt work. apparently thats the number of the old work shop their waiting for BT to install a line at their new place. And god help em cos BT's service is a lot worse than anything Darren might have been accused of!

DarrenW

posted on 19/10/07 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
On this occasion i think Darren can be excused. He is not the only company at the mo to feel the full force of BT's inaquacies. Anyone would think they are communications experts!!!

I have heard several horror stories of people being left weeks / months without a land line and broadband connection.

Charles

posted on 19/10/07 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
Well he's seems to have been kicked off ebay so I've opened up a paypal dispute.
Everytime I ring his mobile all I get is either full voicemail or 'The person you are trying to reach is not accepting calls' and all of my emails have been ignored.

[Edited on 19/10/07 by Charles]

mistergrumpy

posted on 19/10/07 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
The only thing that solved it all for me in the past was to open a Paypal dispute. They then locked up his Paypal account and fortunately for me he was trying to sort his accounts out at the time and couldn't because he was all locked up. He then started E mailing me almost daily to unlock his account!

Charles

posted on 19/10/07 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah four years and 300 transactions on eBay and this is the first time I've had to open a dispute (Very careful with what i buy).

I will now be telling people to avoid GTS like the plague.

Taz Surfleet

posted on 19/10/07 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
shit what a prat I turned up to get my stuff today and it was all there !! was most disapointed !! Also got to see the gt40 its going to be impressive if you do read this thanks Darren am well pleased with the stuff !
scotty g

posted on 20/10/07 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
a satisfied customer? How dare he!!!
Doesn't he know he has a reputation here?!!!!!

jono_misfit

posted on 2/11/07 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
I had written a full explination of the problem i had, but just lost it. Doh!

Appbridged version

Ordered on-line

Called after 3 weeks, told being sent that day.

No sign of them after 3 more weeks.

Call twice a day (double calls each time) 7 days a week for 1 month. No answer

2 months after supposedly being sent i have now reversed credit card charge.

In my opinon. GTS may do good products (no idea, nothing has arrived) but they have the worst customer service ive ever expereinced.

Unless you live next door and can visit in person id leave GTS alone.

Charles

posted on 5/11/07 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Managed to get £90 out of £112 back off him.

To anyone reading don't use him he's a con artist, you will lose money.

oudakontrol

posted on 8/11/07 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
Beware...

Hello Junior builder

You'll be a senior builder before you get any satisfaction.
I am in the process of getting my 1538.00 back from this person.

Its your money I'd leave it that way....

[Edited on 10/11/07 by oudakontrol]

oudakontrol

posted on 10/11/07 at 03:19 AM Reply With Quote
Hello

It appears that this fellow has enough bad publicity and seems to be doing a great job getting it so I'm not saying anything...... "for now"
Can anyone help out with some info, I am after a manufacturer of clubman parts. Someone that has good quality, and someone that returns your calls and emails after they take your money. I understand that delivery dates can be changed due to issues unto their control but feed back if this happens would be appreciated. Seven to ten days 28 days what ever but after three months, four months and so on a curtious call to explain why is all I am after.
If anyone would like to assist with some good customer service they have received they dont have to post it just send it to my in box.

Cheers...

gabbes

posted on 10/11/07 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Now it has gone 20 weeks and no sign of my dashboard. I think when I am ready I will give him a personal visit he will know why I did.....
Even if it was only 1 pound - no one likes to be cheated and in this case it is some more...
I try to phone on all available numbers - email and so on without any success - no answer at all. It is easier to contact GOOD himself than Darren.
TO EVERYONE - BEWARE TO MAKE ANY ORDERS FROM HIM - YOU WILL LOOSE MONEY.

Macbeast

posted on 10/11/07 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Gabbes

I was down there 2 weeks ago collecting prop shaft etc and there were several newly- moulded dashboards ready. Yours may be being shipped. I will try to get hold of him Monday.

Best regards

scotty g

posted on 11/11/07 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
Gabbes is waiting for an orange dash, there was an orange one their the other day, almost certainly yours gabbes.
Cheers.

welshboy

posted on 15/11/07 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
gts

i orderd a full body kit off gts 6 weeks ago to start with i tryed to contact him after 4 weeks to see when it would arrive but had no joy contacting darren i posted on here and everone told me i would be lucky to see it ! then 1 kind person on here u2u me and said they were going to gts that week and would ask darren when it would be ready and with in a few days darren and the kind guy on here mailed me saying it was sat there ready but the courier was messing him about so as luck happened i was going to france last week so on my way back i called in at gts and there it was sat there ! all in all hes a nice guy i just think the left hand dont know what the right hand is doing . i know this is not much help to people who have lost money but my advice is to go see the man him self !
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.