Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS Panthers near (ish) to Gloucester?
spw1970

posted on 30/5/07 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
GTS Panthers near (ish) to Gloucester?

I would love to take a look at a Panther in or around Gloucester/Bristol area if possible!

If anyone is willing to let me take a peek I'd be very grateful. Also we are going to Newark so hope to see a few there

tom_loughlin

posted on 30/5/07 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Stuart, Just read your reply on the other thread.
I am not in Bristol any more, but do travel down there quite a lot. I could always go in the GTS, but have the sligt proble of leaving it somewhere overnight, as Bristol and back is a bit far in a day...about 3hours from where I live, and bearing in mind the main reason I go down is for a night on the lash, might not work out.
I will speak to a few mates about leaving my car somewhere, and will give you a shout if I get anywhere.
I think by now, there are a few GTS's on (or nearly on) the road.
Just read a few other posts, about the quality of the design...the chassis looks great to me, one concern is the strength of the lower front wishbones....I live in the middle of nowhere, and the roads are crap (polite way of putting it) and I have bent a few going over potholes.
The bodywork is really impressive - I like the styling more than others - with the exception of the MNR.

Annway, Hope to be of help in the near future mate.

Tom

nludkin

posted on 30/5/07 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't got a panther, but I have a W7DE (from GTS). I am based in North Bristol and you are welcome to have a look at it, as it will probably give you a rough idea of the type of product that GTS sells.
scotty g

posted on 1/6/07 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
If there are none closer i would suggest taking Nathen up on his offer, the W7DE is basically a Panther but 4" wider so it will indeed give you a very good idea of the sort of quality you will get from your kit.
Cheers.

solidedge

posted on 5/6/07 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
Me's the same. Would like to get a look at one. Also did you just purchase the Plans or purchase the chassis kit?

Confused person needs to know???

Work in Bristol live in S Wales, Blackwood

I am a bit worried if I can get in one or not.

nludkin

posted on 5/6/07 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
I purchased the full W7DE kit from Darren at GTS. I believe the bodywork was made by Scott who I think still does the bodywork for Darren. The chassis however, was made by Triton (When they worked together) and is a very high quality item. Best welding I have ever seen! Shame that Triton seems to have disappeared from the scene. :-(

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.