Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: f$&king NTL / Virgin media.
joneh

posted on 25/6/07 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
f$&king NTL / Virgin media.

<rant>

I cancelled the contract over a month ago and they're still charging me! Been on hold for 21 mins so far waiting to speak to someone! GRRRR

</rant>

joneh

posted on 25/6/07 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
35:21.

spw1970

posted on 25/6/07 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
They are useless. They cut off my TV, Broadband and outgoing phone calls as they said I had an outstanding bill.

I had this conversation on May 5th 2007.

They said, 'We sent the Bill on May 8th'

How the **** can I pay a bill they are GOING to send me in three days???

To 36 hours to get my services on then 6 hours later they cut them off again. Promised a call from head of customer services with 12 hours.

Still waiting for that call.

BT are getting another customer back.

They are crap but not as crap as Virgin Media

JoelP

posted on 25/6/07 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
ntl once cut off my internet because i apparently missed a bill, turned out they sent it by email to an address they gave me but never told me about! Said there was a £50 charge to reconnect... i said dont, send me a paper bill and i'll pay the balance. They never did anyway!
joneh

posted on 25/6/07 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
FS!!!! I have to speak to the billing dept now. 51:29 and counting!

MkIndy7

posted on 25/6/07 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
Funny you shold post that i'm just having a rant with them as well, I'm sure this saga will ring true with many:

To whom it may Concern,

As the last method of contact I can find with Virgin Media that is still free I an writing this Email query.

As a Current Broadband Customer,
Virgin Media Account Number: XXXXXXX
XXXXXX@ntlworld.com)
I am writing to complain about the curent increases in prices for certain services.

Firstly my monthly account payments, whilst with NTL they were £17.99, why have they now become £18.00? Rather petty for 1p I know but over the many customers you have it will mount upto a tidy sum.
Also why as ever are new Customers given such preference and offered exactly the same service for £10 for the first 12 months while I continue to pay more?, if you can offer there same service to them for that prices surely you can offer it to me?.

Also the same case when upgraded services are offered, when the service was upgraded from 512kb to 2mb I was never informed nor upgraded and continued to pay over the odds for a lesser service, which I only realsied when trawling your site (on dial-up) for support when my broadband wouldn't work which leads me onto my next concern.

The new Broadband support number 0906 212 1111
Which at 25pence a minute from a Virgin phone is excessive and I should imagine even worse from a BT phone (which I have as I live at home with my parents and have no say in that).

I have NEVER got through to speak to somebody on the old helpline in under 25mins regardless of the time of day! so at an average that would cost atleast £6 a call and the only times I have ever called that number has been as a last resort when i've tried everything and it has turned out in every case that your modems have failed (hopefully your records will show around 3 in the past 2 years).
Why should I pay such a high charge to report a fault in YOUR equipment?

yours expectanly

Mr I Heeley

clockwork

posted on 25/6/07 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
I do hope you are using saynoto0870.com

http://www.saynoto0870.com

I used to work for a shoddy computer company who used the queueing system to pay our wages.

Edited to say click the blue link "Search for alternative number" or something like that.

[Edited on 25/6/07 by clockwork]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin.
"Well if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" Morons the world over.

Locost/Kit builders info and FAQ website:- www.carbuilders.info

dave1888

posted on 25/6/07 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
BT just as bad i spent 4 hrs downloading there desktop help thing and i spent 1 1/2 hrs on there broadband chat only for the guy to tell me to turn of the computer and router for 2 minutes then check my speed again, so i did and it was slower than before to which he replied delete all unwanted programmes from my computer that should fix it. useless b5tard5

Catpuss

posted on 25/6/07 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
I've known a couple of people they have threatened to take to court, one becuase they came and delivered a box, even though he wasn't ready to be signed up for 3 months then billed him for time he didn't have the service, the other for unpaid bills for the 6 months after they had already disconnected him.

They can be buggers.

But at least you can be happy that in the interestets of customer service there is a new broadband help line which is 25p a minute + 10p connection charge.

No doubts we will get a nice glossy expensive brochure with lots of lifestyle clipart telling us how much of an improvement this is.

DavidM

posted on 25/6/07 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
You're all forgetting that they've now got to find the money to pay Uma Thurman, so I think you should all be a little more understanding!

Is it just me who thinks she's got knobbly feet?

David

martyn_16v

posted on 26/6/07 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DavidM
Is it just me who thinks she's got knobbly feet?

Yeah, if it weren't for them I would have let her sleep with me. If she'd asked nicely enough of course

DaveFJ

posted on 26/6/07 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
Just to give another view....

Been with NTL (now virgin media) for 6 years now and never had a single problem or outage.....

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

Hammerhead

posted on 26/6/07 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
NTL/Virgin Media are complete idiots. They ended up oweing us £300. All you need to do is go to your bank and get your money back on the direct debit repayment scheme. We did this and got £600 back! we had to pay back to them the difference but the shoe was on the other foot, but guess what, they become very efficient when they want their money back.

I wouldn't use them even if the alternative was just being able to watch channel 5 for the rest of my life. They are complete tossers!!

joneh

posted on 26/6/07 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
I've gone with sky now - I can change / cancel anything online. So now more ques! I'll only get a problem if I need technical support - which I shouldn't do as I've cracked the crappy sky router andf using my own now

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.