<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Do we like this?
Fred W B

posted on 17/8/07 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
Do we like this?

carr033
carr033

Combining design elements from different classic Chevrolet models, the 789 shows the world that you really can't have enough of a good thing. The 789 looks instantly iconic because it is a melding of 1957, 1958 and 1959 Chevys. Who says you can't have it all, time tested classic design and up-to-date performance and reliability. This vehicle is built on a 2005-2007 Corvette C6 chassis, virtually the same chassis that won its class at the 24 hours of LeMans for the past few years and is known in the car world as the best value in a performance chassis ever produced.
Named for the three years represented in the overall design, the 789 has the "hooded eyes" and chrome grille bar of a '57 Bel Air, a mid-section and tri-toned interior that is reminiscent of a '58 Impala and the "bird in flight" rear tailfins of a '59. These three vehicles are all instantly recognizable classics celebrated by people around the world.
No matter how well you restore a '57 Chevy or how much you update a '59, you still have a 50 year old car with its outdated technology and safety features - not to mention reliability problems. The 789 solves that with the latest in GM engineering. Get in and go anywhere, drive 190 mph if it's legal, and get 25 miles per gallon cruising on the highway.
Looks? You will have picture phones galore sending photos around the world of your one-of-a-kind ride. No two cars will have the identical paint scheme or colors, and with over 10,000 interior combinations you will never be parked next to yourself at the country club or cruise-in. Recently we attended a very fancy cruise in and there were two Ford GT's near each other, both grey, white stripe/black interior. Needless to say, all eyes were on the 789.
Kanter Concepts is the designer of the 789 and they do it the old fashioned way. The design team sketches by hand and the clay modelers do it by hand also, that's the only way to get sensuous curves and sexy features. Computers? Sure we use them, each staff member has the most complex computer known to mankind - the human brain. Want a cookie cutter car? The same computers that design cars can run a cookie factory.
The price of a turnkey 789 is $135,000, well equipped with all Corvette standard equipment including the 400 horsepower aluminum block V8 engine. In addition, each car includes a custom Borla exhaust system, PST high performance anti-sway bars and a $2,000 wheel/tire upgrade allowance. Any upgrade or modification can be done to your car at additoinal cost, from turbocharging to ceramic brakes and from a 1000 watt stereo to ostrich leather interior. Our only limit is your imagination.
Passion is what it's all about and if you've read this far you're passionate about your car. Call us today to discuss your needs. We'll build one just for you.

zilspeed

posted on 17/8/07 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
Hang on a minute to I think

Right - try and imagine pulling up outside Tesco or maybe seeing yourself in a shop window in that piece. Right - got it.

I think I've got it.

Nice thing to trailer to a show in California and stand next to it saying - "yep, it's mine". Other than that ?

Mmmm ??????.............

chrsgrain

posted on 17/8/07 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
I think I agree - glad someone has done it, in some ways looks great, but I wouldn't want one!

Chris

Spoing! - the sound of an irony meter breaking...

RazMan

posted on 17/8/07 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Nice bit of retro design while resisting the tempation to make it a replica.

Having said that ...... its not for me

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 17/8/07 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
me no likey much
speedyxjs

posted on 17/8/07 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
I really like it
Seriously

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Fred W B

posted on 17/8/07 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

built on a 2005-2007 Corvette C6 chassis

quote:

400 horsepower aluminum block V8 engine

I thinks its really cool, except I don't like the wheels much. Don't know what sort of wheels to suggest though.

Cheers

Fred W B

[Edited on 17/8/07 by Fred W B]

speedyxjs

posted on 17/8/07 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I thinks its really cool, except I don't like the wheels much. Don't know what sort of wheels to suggest though.

Same size but less 'busy' wheels would look better i think.

whitestu

posted on 17/8/07 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Very silly. Not for me.

Stu

BenB

posted on 17/8/07 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
My eyes, my eyes, my beautiful eyes!!! That is the ugliest yank tank rust bucket that ever had the misfortune to sit on asphalt. Holy crapola! They'll have to invent a new word to describe the levels of ugliness that car reaches....

the only good thing is that it's convertible so the water will be able to attack it from the inside and the outside at the same time so it'll rust back into the ground twice as quickly....

Just going to go and take some cilit bang and a scouring pad to my eyeballs to try and remove that horrific image off my retinas...

ps. No I don't like it

wyatt

posted on 17/8/07 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
I like it but it looks a bit photoshop!
Benzine

posted on 17/8/07 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
DO NOT WANT
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fred W B

posted on 17/8/07 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
web site here
wyatt

posted on 17/8/07 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
Like the stinger

www.bynxy.co.uk

TimC

posted on 17/8/07 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't buy one, but if I was given it I'd keep it a while.

Ivan

posted on 17/8/07 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
I think it's brilliant but theres something wrong with the windscreen, too raked for the erra and don't like the wheels, and the price - $135 000 - you have to be joking - would rather have a genuine 57 Chevy.

thebull

posted on 17/8/07 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
very nice but not for me thanks

speedyxjs

posted on 17/8/07 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ivan
theres something wrong with the windscreen, too raked for the erra

Looks like the corvette c6 screen

speedyxjs

posted on 17/8/07 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
what does the back look like?

Confused but excited.

posted on 17/8/07 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
OK if you like pink fluffy fedorahs, yellow satin shirts and 32" wide purple flares.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

jollygreengiant

posted on 17/8/07 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
May be I really am that old AND sad, BUT, to me it looks very much like the ORIGINAL Bat Mobile, It just been given a bit of a respray.

Holy pancakes, I just hope the Robin or Alfred finds that spare key for me soon.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

MikeRJ

posted on 17/8/07 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
I think this can very definately be described as marmite. Lots of strong reactions, both positive and negative!

Doesn't appeal to me in the slightest, but I known lots of people who would be drooling over that.

Peteff

posted on 17/8/07 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
The back looks like a Chevy Impala from the 50s or early 60s. I wouldn't like to think I was going faster than 55 in it.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

violentblue

posted on 17/8/07 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
hmmm, what to say. I can see someone wanting one, but it looks like a design exercise that went horribly wrong, but they were too invested in it to stop.

I really hate it. If someone gave it to me, I'm sure I could sell most of the parts.

a few pics of my other projects

SixedUp

posted on 17/8/07 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
I like it, in an abstract kind of way. Wouldn't be seen dead in one though ... !
Cheers
Richard

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.